Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Daksh (Student)     29 December 2009

SUCCESS TIPS

Success Keys
10 Success Keys to Help You on Your Journey
These are the top 10 most important elements that I have discovered, from studying many self improvement coaches, needed to create the foundation for the levels of success you want to attain.  First, always keep in mind that you must always know your outcome or your target before you begin towards achieving anything. Whether it's a business you want to start, a level of income you want to earn, a position in business or anything worth working towards for that matter, you need to know what the final target you want to hit is and as specific as possible. Once you know your target, you must take action.  Create a plan and go to work on it.  If it doesn't seem to be giving you the results you want, you have to be flexible and try different approaches until you get the results you want.  The following 10 points will help you on you journey:

1.  Define what success means to you.
2.  Discover your life’s purpose and decide what you want.
3.  Believe and have faith that you achieve what you want.
4.  Write out both your goals and plans to achieve them.
5.  Change the plans until you get the desired results.
6.  Feel the fear, but overcome it. 
7.  Decide to never give up.
8.  Become a lifetime learner.
9.  Be grateful for the abundance you already have.
10.  Be of service and contribute beyond yourself.

I practice these core fundamentals as often as I can and keep them in my sights.  They have made a huge difference in the quality of my life and as well to the lives of those who I have studied.  I believe that as we master these core fundamentals, we can create abundance in finances, relationships, health, career and happiness.
5 Steps to Help You Set SMART Goals
There are many different methods to use in setting up your goals.  A method for goal setting which you probably have heard about are SMART goals(Specific, Measureable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely) goals. The only negative I see with the SMART goals method, is with the interpretation of what is attainable and realistic. I believe that what we can attain and what is realistic to one person, may not be to someone else. After all, the saying by Henry Ford goes, “If you think you can do a thing or think you can’t, you’re right.”  In other words, I think the SMART Goals method can imply that we have limits. I’m not going to tell you what’s attainable and realistic for you.  Obviously that’s up to you to decide.  I believe that things that we think may not be possible, can be.  I’m not saying that we can fly or jump over buildings, what I am saying, is that we can stretch ourselves past the point of what we currently believe we can be, have or do.  If someone says, “One day I would love to travel overseas to Australia,” but another person says, “I’ll never have the money to travel overseas to Australia,” who do you think has a better chance of achieving their goal? It’s obvious. 

People who have come to this country with anything more than an idea for something have been able to accumulate many thousands and even millions of dollars by having that one goal.  So, lets begin on setting up our goals.  I use the following outline, which I have tweaked from time to time and there are things on my goals list that I never though I could do or get that I have already accomplished.  As a matter of fact, I said I would get my wife a new Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (silver) about a year ago.  The truck is sitting in front of my house.  Pretty cool huh? One more thing before you start - DREAM BIG!
5 Step SMART Goal Setting Method with a Twist
1.  Create a master list of at least 10 goals in the following areas: Health, Career, Financial, Family & Spiritual, Leisure, Things, Contribution and Educational (you can put as many as you desire if you like for each category) Be as SPECIFIC as possible. For example - I want to weigh 170 pounds by May 3, 2009 at 5:00 PM.

2.  Order them in the following way: Goals to be achieved in the short term (1-26 weeks) Goals to be achieved in a more distant term (1 year - 3 years) Goals to be achieved later in life (4 - 10 years). Goals to be achieved much later in life (over 10 years). This is the "TIMELY" part of the SMART goals method.

Notice the sequence or order of the goals.  You wouldn’t put train to run in the Boston Marathon as a 4-10 year goal and running it as a 1 year goal.  Some things will likely have to happen before others (this will be described in the next section when we create our plan for getting these goals).

3. Are your goals MEASUREABLE? In other words, how will you know if you are on track to achieving them? How do you know how close or how far away from the goal you are? Well, you will need to be very conscious of how close or far away you are from achieving your goal. To know this, your goal needs some way of being measured. If your goal is to earn $1,000.00 per day and you are only earning $500.00 dollars a day, you know that you are off course.  Now you have some power to evaluate this and find the means of improving it.

4.  Write a descripttive paragraph of why you desire to have the top three goals in each area you wrote down.  Make sure that your emotions are positively stirred up by this.  Also, you should keep in mind what has kept you from getting your goals in the past.  Maybe it was a limiting belief, a fear, some association to pain that you may have linked up to it.  In any case, I believe that if you really desire your goals, you can find a way to manifest them.  In the next section “Planning for Success,” I will give you steps that I use to setting up my plans to attain my goals. 

5.  Practice “The Secret” or Law of Attraction.  I believe in the idea of the “Law of Attraction,” because I have received results time and time again from focusing on the positive side of what I want to manifest.  The core of the Law of Attraction and getting what we want can be summed up as follows:

- Decide you want something specific that you strongly desire. (This relates to our goals)
- Ask for it in the best way you know and strongly believe that you can get it.
- Try to vividly visualize the thing(s) you want the best way possible with deep emotion.
- Always be grateful for all the things you have in your life past, present and future.
- Be thankful for it has been received; expect that you have it.

Remember to always ask for things in the positive.  For example “I don’t want to fight anymore” should come across as “I want a peaceful resolution to this problem”….get the picture? Whether this system works or not is up to you to decide or believe.  I for one have found that it does keep me extremely confident, motivated and in a general good mood.  I have eliminated a lot  of negativity from my life and thus have become a lot happier.  That in itself to me has been worth it.
I hope you’ve made it this far and are starting to get exited.  Life should never be dull, it should be energizing! Lets begin to build a plan for what we want to achieve.  But before we go into the how, I want to go over why.  I think in life we want to accomplish many things.  Many of these things are new to us and we may not have a clue as to how to get them.  It’s almost like driving to a friends house that is out of town for the first time.  You need step-by-step directions to get to your final destination.  That’s why I think it’s important to have a plan for something you are trying to accomplish.  But how do we know that we are on the right track?  Well, just like driving directions, there is not just one way to get to a destination.  There may be a long way and a short way.  As long as you are determined to never give up and ask for help along the way from people who have gone there before, you’ll get there.  So here goes:  

Here are the steps I use to put plans together
for my goals:  

1.  Write out exactly what you are trying to accomplish. (Example: I want to earn $10,000 a month selling life insurance).

2.  Sit down and brainstorm.  Ask yourself as many questions concerning your goal as you can.  You should come up with at least 10 questions each that begin with how, what, when, where and who.

3.  Once you have all these questions down, answer them.

4.  Create the first draft of your plan by putting the answers in the order that make most sense. 

5.  After these are in order, review them.  You will find some areas where you will need more answers or may need to change the order.  Ask more questions to get the rest of the answers and fill them in.

6.  Review the plan and see if there are any weaknesses.  If you feel confident, go to work on this plan.

7.  When you hit a roadblock (and you will) or something doesn’t work, don’t worry.  You have not failed.  I believe that failure only comes when we give up.  In fact mostly all successful people believe this.  Remember, you succeeded in producing a result.  If it did not work, you are one step closer to finding what does.  So go back to your plan and you guessed it, ask more questions.  If you feel you are running out of answers, seek the answers from people that have gotten the results that you seek.  This helps save a lot of time. So the seventh step is to overcome obstacles and be flexible. You need to sense if the plan is working or not. If it's not, change it and try a different approach.

8.  There will be many obstacles on the way to achieving what you want.  At times you may be distracted, not have the time, have other priorities to manage, friendships to keep up on, a job that is demanding or just be plain tired and overwhelmed.  I believe that we have to deal with all of these things one way or another, and do them well too. So the eight step is to never give up!
Some More Helpful Tips
The last few points I want to leave you with to help you reach you goals are:

Seek the help of others to save time.

Be happy along the way. You will get frustrated, but remember no one is perfect. Success is a journey.

Believe in yourself and have faith.

Never give up!!!

Finally, this is a method that I use to create plans that have helped me achieve goals that have I desired. You may have to tweak it or build upon it to reach the level of success with it that you want. It's up to you to decide to use this or any other methodology. Remember the story about the roadmap.  We need a roadmap or a plan to guide us to getting what we want. Without it we will lose our way.

Best Regards

Daksh

Learning

3 Replies

Adinath@Avinash Patil (advocate)     30 December 2009

VERY GOOD

Daksh (Student)     30 December 2009

Thanks you Sir for your encouragement and blessings.

Best regards

Daksh

R.K.SUNDERRAJ (LAWYER HUBLI,KARNATAKA)     03 January 2010

Excellent

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register