LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Unknown blogger (ABC)     19 July 2015

Dowry

FIR is registered under IPC 498a, 313, 312 & 34 against my brother and mother as per the complaint of my brother’s wife.

Against this FIR we have filed application for AB in session’s court in month of March, till then we have not received AB in our favour but are getting interim protection from the court.

Now in this month 5th hearing was ON and suddenly their advocate told judge that they have been misguided by the IO of police station as they wanted to registered case against all four of us, they wanted to include me and my father too. But the lady IO refused to take FIR against all four of us, instead FIR was registered against my brother and mother only. They also made allegation that we have given bribe to the IO and witness for the same is my brothers in law. Their allegation is not at all true. In fact they are now blaming the IO for mishandling this case and taken bribe from us.

Now my question is that if the case is in hearing stage of AB in session’s court, can the FIR be changed now?

Or can I and my father will be booked under new FIR as per allegations of my bothers wife?

Can court call the IO to put further light on this?

Please advice?

Learning

7 Replies

Abhi   19 July 2015

FIR can be changed through additional testimony. Focus on getting anticipatory bail for the accused and regularise it to safeguard atleast accused. If more are made accused later then atleast the first two can help in securing AB or bail for subseuquent accused. Complaint can be changed till the time of filing charge sheet.

Unknown blogger (ABC)     19 July 2015

what is difference between FIR and Charg sheet

saravanan s (legal advisor)     19 July 2015

fir is first information report which will be filed in a police station if a cognizable offence is committed.once after a fir is filed the investigating officer will conduct enquiry on the complaint  being filed and will file a charge sheet before the court

Unknown blogger (ABC)     23 July 2015

But what is authenticity of FIR.

It can be True or False, then who will check that.

and courts are also running bail applications on such FIR without knowing its authenticity

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 July 2015

can I and my father will be booked under new FIR as per allegations of my bothers wife?

POSSIBLE

Can court call the IO to put further light on this?

CERTAINLY.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 July 2015

Originally posted by : ganesh belwalkar
what is difference between FIR and Charg sheet

FIR IS A COMPLAINT GIVEN TO THE POLICE REPORTING OFFENCE

CHARGESHEET IS A COMPLAINT GIVEN BY THE POLICE TO THE COURT GIVING SPECIFIC ALLEGATIONS ON SPECIFIC PERSONS

Unknown blogger (ABC)     26 July 2015

But what is authenticity of FIR.

It can be True or False, then who will check that.

and courts are also running bail applications on such FIR without knowing its authenticity

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register