LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saurav   14 July 2015

Form tm-60 is compulsory for painting copyright

I want to copyright my painting (already selected in Limca Book of Records and other World  Records Books also in 2009) for that i have registered myself through e-copyrighting process and paid 500 rupees online. Now, i want to ask you that (1) Search cetificiate TM-60 is mandatory or not?

2. What is the fees of TM-60?

3. Why i have to collect authorization letters from author? Please send me sample authorization letter, that i have taken from Limca Book of Records?

4. Can i send my documents now, or i have to wait for 30 days?

Please help me asap

Learning

2 Replies

subramanian (consultant)     17 July 2015

if the artistic work is a painting which is what you mean and so is not capable of being used in relation to goods  then it is not necessary to file TM60 and to obtain a certificate from the Registrar of trademarks.In this case the fee for filing  for copyright protection in form 11  is  Rs 50 per work.However for your information the fee for TM 60 is Rs 5000.If you are the author of the work you need not have to take authorisation from Limca.

T.R.Subramanian

Priyanka Kulkarni (Advocate and Intellectual Property Attorney Solicitor (England and Wales) (NP))     12 September 2015

Hello, I need to know whether you have given any license or assigned your copyright to Limca for publication to guide you further in this regard. Regards, Priyanka Kulkarni IP Attorney LL.M. King's College London Solicitor of England and Wales (NP)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register