LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MIHIR   05 August 2015

My right in my grand mothers property

My grand mother died 3 years back .my mother is now the owner of all the immovable property and a residencial house in which we three brothers are living.Now my mother wants to sell the house. Can she sell it without the consent of we three brothers(sons)?? my mother is the only daughter of her parents.THE RESIDENCIAL HOUSE WAS BUILT BY ME AND MY FATHER ON MY GRANDMOTHERS LAND. PL. SUGEST.

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 August 2015

The rights in ancestral property are determined per stripes and not per capita. This means that the share of each generation is first determined and the successive generations in turn sub divide what has been inherited by their respective predecessor. Properties inherited from mother, grandmother, uncle and even brother is not ancestral property. Property inherited by will and gift are not ancestral properties

saravanan s (legal advisor)     05 August 2015

its her self aquired property though she inherited it from her mother after her death.she can sell it to anyone without your consent.

rajagopal.s (Lawyer.)     07 August 2015

Hi

Any property which has come in to possession of a women is her absolute property. 

She has every right to dispose of the property in whatsoever manner she wishes. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register