LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mangesh Krishna   08 July 2015

Consumer Protection. Cheated by Online seller

I purchased a dress from an online designer about whom I got to know about through facebook. The designer has a facebook page on which images are posted and then you can contact the designer to provide that dress. I contacted the designer through mobile phone. The designer sent me the bank details to deposit the amount in the account. I deposited the account and informed the designer respectively. The designer also agreed that the payment was recieved. Now I was promised a delivery in 5 days but no delivery was made and I called the designer but my phone was not picked up. The designer responded me on whatsapp and told me that dress would be delivered shorlty. I again waited for a week but there was no delivery and again I called and i was promised on whatsapp that dress would be delivered shortly. this went on for like 3 weeks and then I sent the designer a message on whatsapp to either refund my money or send me the dress or else I will take a legal action and after one week I recieved the dress. 

Now the dress which I recieved did not match my expecatitons at all. I contacted the Designer again and asked money to be refunded. I asked to provide me the adress to return the dress to. The designer asked me for my account details which I sent immediately. But money was not refunded. It has been 2 weeks now. The designer is not picking up my calls, on whatsapp the designer promised to refund the money but nothing is happening. Now the designer is refusing to take back the dress and refund my money. Now please help me because a huge amount of money is stuck between this.

Learning

1 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     08 July 2015

Mam,

Send a legal notice and file a criminal complaint for their act of cheating.

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register