Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

14314361431436   07 July 2015

Name change in educational certificate

Hi Sir,

I am S. Ravi Kumar, I have completed my SSC in the year 2002.  I have issue with my father name in my SSC certificate.  My father name is S. Shanker Goud, in the place of his name N. Ramulu Goud is printed in my SSC certificate.  N. Ramulu Goud was my guardian.  It was the mistake done by my school.  Now due to which I am unable to apply for Passport.  I need passport very urgently, as I have to travel abroad. 

My main issues are:

1.  I am unable to apply passport.

2.  How to correct father's name in my SSC certificate.

3.  Previously state was Andhra Pradesh, now it is Telangana, so how to change it.

Please help.

Learning

3 Replies

Vikas L. Acharya (System Officer - InfoTech)     08 July 2015

You should first talk this issue with the school office. If on your birth certificate yourself and your father name spelling is correct then it is school mistake. School is authorised to inform education board about Change of Name or Error in Name. 

If there is spelling mistake on your birth certificate, then first you need to obtain corrected/revised birth certificate from Municipal Office, submit to school along with court affidavit confirming your correct spelling (name).

The school will provide application form for change of name. Then school will forward all document to the education board office of your area. You can confirm from school after how many days your should visit education board office to check the updation status. 

Keep photocopy of all papers provided to school. So that same may be needed at education board office for follow up. Hope this is helpful.

This is time consuming.... hope you get better solution....

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     09 September 2016

Mr.S. Ravi Kumar, 

You have to collect your birth certificate from e-seva centres near you. As per birth certificate only your father name can be rectified. For further clarifications, please feel free call on me.

cs santosh jagtap (PRACTICING COMPANY SECRETARY)     07 February 2017

Dear friend

You can contact me by visiting my website @ given link www.thecsindia.com i will provide on contact no i have also face same problem and it was resolved by my friend who is senior advocate from Hyderabad.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register