LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     23 December 2009

Notice under NIA addressee not found

Notice under section 138 of the NIA was issued within time but the notice was returned as addressee not found. Complaint was filed under section 138 read with 142 of the NIA. Magistrate dismissed the complaint as mere sending of Notice cannot be taken into consideration as the notice was not served to the accused. Is this correct statements of Law?

Learning

8 Replies

K VENGETRAO (PRACTICING COMPANY SECRETARY)     23 December 2009

Dear NKA,

INDIAN LEGAL SYSTEM FAVOURS THE CHEAT TO ESCAPE IN ACTUAL PRACTICE. YOUR CASE IS AN EXAMPLE . IN  MY CASE, THE CHEAT HAS SHIFTED HIS RESIDENCE TO UNKNOWN PLACE; HIS FATHER , A RETIRED DSP, IS RESIDING IN HIS OWN HOUSE; HE HAS NOT DISCLOSED HIS NEW ADDRESS  WHEN APPROACHED .THE CHEAT HAS NOT ATTENDED A SINGLE HEARING OR ADJOURNMENT.  REFUSAL OF COURT NOTICE IS VERY COMMON PRACTICE TO ESCAPE.     

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     23 December 2009

I am facing lots of difficulties in tracing out the dafaulters. Notice served but many of them could not be traced out at the address given by the adressee by the postman and returned as not known: return to sender etc. But I am of the view that it should not be  ground to dimissed the complaint at thresh hold by the Magistrate.

(Guest)

Assumi ji,

If you are unable to trace out the defaulters addresses it is better to give Notice in the daily newspapers. It will be treated as Notice to the defaulters.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     23 December 2009

Would you like to download this judgement and read:

CASE NO.:

Appeal (crl.) 1255-1261 of 2004

PETITIONER:

D. Vinod Shivappa

RESPONDENT:

Nanda Belliappa

DATE OF JUDGMENT: 25/05/2006

BENCH:

B. P. SINGH & R.V. RAVEENDAN

subhash kumar (advocate)     26 December 2009

you can file the appeal against the order of the MM, as the notice deemed to be served upon the accused/respondent  and Megistrate can not dismissed the complaint on this ground alone.

Subhash Kumar, Adv

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     26 December 2009

Cannot, but has done. This is how law is administered in this country. Justice Bilal Kazi talked of incompetency. One more example.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     05 January 2010

Where ignorance is bliss, what Supreme Court can do?

shamina sayed (Advocate)     06 January 2010

Dear,

I agree with Advocate subhash Kumar.This is the only way.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register