LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PARTHASARATHY (RETIRED)     30 June 2015

Ulip pre closure and tax effect

Paid Rs.200000/- to SBI life Insurance unit linked pension cum life insurance u/s 80CC @ Rs.50000/- pa from 2007 to 2010.Now through pre closure got Rs.322054/- in May 2015 after detecting TDS, etc.Kindly let me know whther this amount is exempted from TAX.

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 June 2015

Section  194DA: TDS at the time of surrender on the entire sum received, at 2 per cent (if PAN is registered) or 20 per cent (if PAN is not registered).

Write to insurer and get a written reply. They should be happy to supply a reply, if they have not attached a detailed explanation of amount disbursed and applicable TDS.

PARTHASARATHY (RETIRED)     01 July 2015

Thanks for the reply. I would like to inform that the TDS of Rs.6573/- @ of 2% dedected by sbi life. I would like to know the amount received Rs.322054/- is exempted from taxable income?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 July 2015

Surrender of ULIP before 5 years is subjected to tax treatment.

This plateform is for legal queries.

You can post your query at sister website of LCI:

www.CAclubindia.com

or consult your CA, I.Tax Lawyer in person.

Mimi Banerjee   01 July 2015

Hello, It is quite obvious when you stuck into legal matters and need expert advice for your issues. If you need to hire a legal professional, visit us https://www.ecourt.theetsglobal.com/ Register FREE and get expert advice from hundreds of professionals today!

Mimi Banerjee   01 July 2015

Hello,

It is quite obvious when you stuck into legal matters and need expert advice for your issues. If you need to hire a legal professional, visit us https://www.ecourt.theetsglobal.com/

Register FREE and get expert advice from hundreds of professionals today!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register