LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sandip   30 June 2015

Need advice about tenant evacution

I have tenant who possess 10*9 single room from last 37 years in Sangli Maharashtra. He doesn’t have water supply but electricity from my meter. Any kind of agreement doesn’t sign at that time. From last 12years he doesn’t pay any rent but still I provide him electricity. He already took another property on rent from other owner. So I given him oral warning for evacuate but he gave me reasons like doesn’t get home, he is searching home etc. Now my question is can I disconnect his electric supply and what steps I need to take for tenants evacuate. I have feared of lost of property through court by using KULKAYDA because tenant possesses this room from last 37 years. So please guide me what steps I need to take. Scanty

Learning

3 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     30 June 2015

dont disconnect the electric connection as it might invite legal action on you.just send him a notice to move out on grounds of default of rent.if he doesnt move file a eviction suit on him with the rent controller.since he is staying in that house for more than 37 years he might cite that as a reason for obtaining stay but he cant claim adverse posession rights

sandip   30 June 2015

Thanks Saravanan 1)Can he claim property ownership through KULKAYDA after 37 years of stay? 2)What steps I need to take for evacuate tenant?

saravanan s (legal advisor)     01 July 2015

KULKAYDA if that means adverse posession rights.then no is the answer.a tenant is always a tenant so he cant claim the property by any means.

if you want to evict him you got to file a eviction suit only

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register