Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Darius Vakil   30 June 2015

Harrasment of sbi recovery agents

Hi - 

I found this site while searching for some help on harrassment by SBI bank Collections.

Back in January My wife lost her Job and unfortunately that was a twist for us financially. I have a SBI Card which I completely intend to pay off. However the present situation is a little difficult for me. 

There are these recovery agents which keep calling me 15 odd times a day. THey call my parents home 15 times a day and have recently begun calling my office 10-15 times daily. 

The worst happened today when an agent found my wife's number and called her and started threatening her. Even asking her for her present location and spoke exremely unprofessionally.They also said that they would go to her ex company and meet with the HR there

they then called me and stated that they would call my HR and create a ruckus there. THey call my office falsely stating they are from my residence or from courier companies.

Upon speaking with the agent I told him that i could afford a temporary small payment on the account for the next few months which he refused to accept and then instead quoted a higher amount and said that is what he will accept and that I have to pay it.

I do not try to evade their calls and have mentioned to them on multiple occassions that i work nights and would be available after 4 pm as i sleep during the day. However they only call me during the day and never when I ask them.

Please give me some advice.

Thanks

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 June 2015

No one can call you if you do not want them to call at your phoen number that is your property.

No one can come to you if you do not want them to be at your property.

They can send letters to you or go to court.

This is civil laibality and CC companies go to Lok Adalat.

The harrasmment is since everyone is after fat recovery and incentives.

You can obtain Interim Order (amounting to injunction) from DCDRF, or injunction from court, police to not to call you, relatives, cooleagues, peers, etc............

First of all it is not State Bank of India (SBI).

Although M/s SBICPSL is subsidiary of M/s SBI.

As per various publications, M/s SBI Crads and Payment Services Pvt. Ltd.,  is known to indulge in such illegal practices and despite having been penalized unlimited number of tiumes by courts of law has not given up thier illegal and punishable activities.

Record all calls. Submit call recording to police with written complaint..................and approach your lawyer.

Lodge complaint with CEO/COO of  M/s SBI Crads and Payment Services Pvt. Ltd and Chairman of M/s State Bank of India (SBI) with copy to Governor RBI, and make them a party.

The delinquency in payment might have been reported by now to credit bureau's and will affect your credibility. You should have conducted settlement under expert guidance of your lawyer.

Go thru another thread and pick up all useful points, judgments  and contacts at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Harrasment-by-icici-banks-recovery-agents-76271.asp

Any interim payment shall be of no use and shall set new limitation.

If you have borrowed pay the debt.

If you can't pay don't borrow in future.

hmnth   30 June 2015

i doubt if SBI could be doing this..as being one of the esteemd public sector bank..they dont go such cheap..could be the third party that is being handed over the task of collection.

file a RTI with SBI ...asking all the details on these incidents...

Each CC company has to keep list of its recovery agents on its website.

Darius Vakil   30 June 2015

Dear Sirs - 

Thank you for your responses. I do not wish to borrow in future. I have learnt my lesson the hard way. 

Thank you for your valuable inputs. I will proceed as recommended and keep you all posted about the same.

Many Thanks

You may not be able to borrow as your credit history shall be spoiled e.g. CIBIL.

Take help of an able lawyer/counsel  dealing in Consumer Cases to get you an order from DCDRF to remove your name without any adverse effect on your credit history and loan taking ability in future.

Despite the order if M/s SBI cards indulges in malpractices you shall be able to sue them.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register