Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

survit chakravarty   20 June 2015

498 dv and maintenence

Hi

i got married on 2013 sep and with in 8-9 month there started an unnecessary dispute between me and my wife which was poorly mishandled by her father and somehow my family also...i was living with her at delhi and hardly for 10-15 days she lived with my family.i was in extreme pressure of my new job and debts.So my time spend with my wife was not seen good enough and scene created...which forced my wife to go to her home and there her father asked me to leave her else we will get your family jailed or do as what he ask me to do....i was shocked and could not bear the insult...so left..after few days when my mind got relaxed and came to pick her.she refused to come back stating i need to agree with her father....i came back empty handed ,i joined my office ,hoping she will coem back with my family intervention..but nothing happened.i lost my father in between

Now after 2-3 month i came to know they filed a FIR against my family and me ,under 498a.DV and others i dont know...i was shocked..i know girl is good but she was vert badly misguided ..Now also one maintenance case is going on againt me..

i m in very dicy situation.i lost all my money,she took all jewellary as guided by father,i have nothig to do except waiting something bad to come..My family members alresdy struggling to survive now facing unnecessary threats from police..we hired one lawyer at her place to fight againts them,but we have to go as per him,we dont have any clue what to do....

i put section 9C to call her back and i did not appear in any hearing againts her charges at court also they did not turn up on the 9C hearing...they are also asking me to compromise paying heft amount and seriously i dont have any money and why my brother should suffer the same ,when we are living seperately. for the last 13 years!!!

Kindly suggest what need to be done here as i am getting some mental issue and going crazy

Learning

1 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     20 June 2015

498a,dv,dp 3&4 etc etc.a women can file whatever she wants dont worry just fight the case on merits.if the 498a or dv complaint over you is found to be false by the court then on the basis of that decree you can get her off from your life completely by filing divorce on the grounds of cruelty. in that case she wont be entitled for any maintenance. since she dint appear for the proceedings in rcr case ask the court to issue a exparte decree.the problem with filing rcr while facing a 498a case is you cant file divorce on claims of false 498a when an rcr case is pending..

at what stage is your dv and 498a case?if police are issuing unnecessary threats take it to the knowledge of the dcp or acp

your words shows that you feel weak but just fight back confidentally.you will certainly win the case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register