Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

varsha (aaaa)     10 June 2015

Please help my hdfc salary account balance is -5000

Hello

i have 2 HDFC SALARY ACCOUNTS and from last two year i am not operated it,means my salay was did'nt come in this acoount..and today i checked my account deatail then see my balance is -5000 some thing and then i talked to customer care then they told me your salary account converted to saving account and thats why they charged to not maintained balance..but bank was did not inform me about to convert my salary account to saving account and they also not inform me about my negative balance,so please suggest me what can i do..my one account balance is -2100 and other is -5000...please suggest as soon as possible...

Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 June 2015

Similar query has been discussed at following thread:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Pvt-bank-trnsfrd-salary-to-saving-ac-and-fined-121981.asp#.VXhmCFJ-hkg

Preferably transact in writing with the bank, under proper acknowledgment..

N R Dash.. (Advocate)     11 June 2015

If salary is not credited consecutively for three months, the account gets converted to a normal savings account and minimum balance need to be maintained in that account, failing which the Bank imposes maintenance charges.

Its a trick normally followed by the bank that they send a letter of this conversion in ordinary post which most of the times does not get delivered. Request the customer care or the branch manager to reverse some of the charges and close the account with immediate effect. The more time you take the more amount you have to pay as maintenance chare.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register