LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deduction of amount in final settlement

Dear Sir,

i have worked in cognizant and exited from it and joined another company. I have a medical loan of amount 10500 rs for which HRs asked to pay it off to cognizant during the exit clearance and i paid through NEFT to cognizant bank account and got the clearance from HR. 

But in final settlement amount , they have again deducted 10500 Rs stating "Medical Loan recovery" which i had already paid off to cognizant during exit clearance. 

Kindly , advise how to get the money back and suggest the possible approach if they are not willing to give my money back.

Regards,

kalyan

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 June 2015

1. There was no need to pay by NEFT.

2. You could have asked to send a written communication to pay by NEFT.

3. The FnF statement showing all payables by company and by employee and net amount payable by who to whom could have been supplied..........................for final payment.

4. YOu may now write quoting name/designation/address of the personnel (mentione date/phone number/time) that demanded to pay by NEFT and also details by which you communicated that you have paid by NEFT.

You may attach Banker's certificate certifying the payment.

5. Demand refund within next 24 hours by NEFT alngwith leter of apology and confirming the payment.

6. YOu can approach Inspector appointed under Shops and Estb .Act, Payment of Wages Act,o/o Labor commissioner and your counsel may opine that you can losge complaint u/s406,420...............file winding up petition................approach IT/ITeS/BPO employee's unions/Trade Unions.........................civil court etc..........

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register