LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

supriya   20 May 2015

Two pan cards

I had Pan/gir number and later received a Pan number which I have been using since 2004. While filing some registration paper I have been told that there is another Pan card issued to my name and cannot do anything till that is sorted. I have never received this card but online it shows as active. this has become a deterrant in my registration process. Please advise what I should do to cancel the second card as I do not have either the car or the details. thank you.

Learning

3 Replies

akash   20 May 2015

U need to surrender earlier pan card to local pan department

supriya   20 May 2015

Thanks Akash, but my problem is that I never phically received the second card. didnt even know it exists. so how do I surrender it?

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     22 May 2015

The holding of over one PAN card by individuals is illegitimate and governmentREQUIRES such individuals/HUFs/non-individual assessees to surrender any duplicate PAN. In case, the assessees fail in this regard, government could send a legal notice and impose a penalty amounting to Rs. 10,000.If an individual is inadvertently issued over one PAN card. One can visit https://incometax.sparshindia.com/pan/newPAN.asp, an income tax site, and furnish information regarding additional Permanent Account Numbers that are to be surrendered.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register