LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish Rampuria (Senior Consultant)     18 May 2015

Gratuity elligibility

I have joined my organization on 6th Dec, 2010 and my last day would be 17th June, 2015. We work 5 days a week. Legally, am I elligible for gratuity? (I have heard that my organization counts 4 years and 190 WORKING days as elligibility criteria)

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 May 2015

Count number of days from DOJ to LWD.

2012 was a leap year.

Sec;2A was notified and inserted in Payment of Gratuity Act and it lay down 190 days in case of establishments that work for less than 6 dasy/week.

You should complete 190 days in 5th year and thus you should be eligible.

You have posted that:

“I have heard that my organization counts 4 years and 190 WORKING days as elligibility criteria” 

If your organisation agrees to it then what is the issue!

It should supply notice of detrimnation of Gratuity and payment of Gratuity alongwith FnF………….and since you have tendered notice of resignation it has sufficient time to prepare FnF and compute everything so that everything is paid by last day in office.

If it does not supply then you maywrite to appointing authority/MD (under proepr acknowledgment) and mention that notice of detrimnation of Gratuity and payment of Gratuity has not been supplied and demand to supply the same by Redeg. Post and mention that FormI is atatched.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register