Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sachin chitnis (Officer)     09 May 2015

Misuse of sec 8 of rti act

Sir,

There was a fraud in the bank, where my 6Fd's were used to grant a third party loan, by making a memorandum of charge/lien. On banks scurtiny and forensic investigations conducted ny the bank my signatures on the memorandumwere found to be FORGED. The bank has made credited my A/c with the FD amount after a penalty for premature withdrawal.I had made an application to the PIO, through RTI for seeking information and documents relating to the Forged memorandum and the Forensic Report. But the PIO has refused my request using Sec 8(1)(e), (j) and (h) of RTI Act.

I find the PIO is misuing the provisions of the above mentioned sections. I find I am within my rights to claim information and documents, as the information and documents are related to my case (forgery of my signatures and uise of my Fd's to award a third pary claim).

The information to know the details of the company who has benefited by such a fictitious transcation is my right. I need to know all the documents which were submitted to avail this loan and to know if my signatures were used on any other documents.

It is very important to bring the perpetrators of the crime and the society at large and other banking fraternity should be aware of the modus operandi used in this crime

kindly adivce

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register