LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mahendra   06 May 2015

Resident welfare association

Is a resident welfare association/housing society a service provider under consumer protection act? Can I take the society to consumer court for failure to protect my house where security in the gated complex was provided by society and I paid charges regularly and a theft happened.

Can damages be claimed for deficiency in service

Learning

3 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     06 May 2015

1.  The Security services engaged by Association /Society, is for watching the "Common Areas" of the Association /Society.  It is highly illogical to expect few Sercuity personnels to take care of hundreds of Houses /Flats in a  Association /Society.

2.  The Security services engaged by Association /Society, is NOT for watching the "Private Houses /Property" of the  Members of the Association /Society.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
READ ARTICLES ON: https://hemantagarwal21.blogspot.in/?view=sidebar

mahendra   07 May 2015

In a gated complex, secured by guards, if stolen gas cylinder and plumbing fittings move out, is security not responsible? Are they not supposed to maintain entry/exit records? is it not service deficiency?

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     07 May 2015

INSTEAD OF POINT-LESS ARGUMENTS & ILLOGICAL JUSTIFICATIONS:

1. Re-Read, my above reply once again, this time more S-L-O-W-L-Y.

2. The Security personnel can be liable ONLY for theft from Society's common premises (Swimming pool, Club House, Street lights, Water Pump rooms and so on ....). Any incident that happens inside the owner-members flat, is not the responsibility of Security. Hire a Private Security Guard (with your own money) to protect your things and then he can be held liable for theft of your personal goods.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

READ ARTICLES ON: https://hemantagarwal21.blogspot.in/?view=sidebar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register