LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ANIRBAN CHAKRABARTI (Principal Architect)     03 May 2015

Impact of bank account

The judge is asking me to produce last 3 year bank statement along with payslip to calculate alimony. What way does bank account statement impact alimony? Is he wanting to know my living standard from bank statement?

Anirban

Learning

2 Replies

FREDYCHARLES RK - Bangalore (Advocate)     03 May 2015

Dear Sir,

I am tempted to respond to this post.  It can be used to assess many things and again it is discretionary power . But, thank your stars you are not in USA, in which case your gross packet will be auto drilled by hand/man holes. In india the alimony or better called sustence of your partner is determined by few thumb rules like 1/3 of your earnings, property, standard of erstwhileliving, medical, children etc etc and again a discretion of the honb'le PO. Please pay as direcrted by judge else do not be surprised if your employer is directed to deduct and deposit the alimony in court or to your partner. Welcome dude !!!

stanley (Freedom)     08 May 2015

@ Author . 

The judge is trying to determine your yearly and monthly income in order to come to a solution for the maintenance . He would be cross checking your pay slip from the deposits made in the bank . 

you have not stated if your wife is working or jobless . Since if she is working you too can call for her payslips and bank statements provided you know her bank and account nos . A wife earning a good amount is not eligible for maintenance . 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register