Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahesh G (Senior Associate)     30 April 2015

Name correction in death certificate

Hello!!!

I am having a challenge correcting my Father name in death certificate, there is a provision to correct name in the death certificate but the zonal officier is reluctant to do it. i am not sure of the section but there is provision that allows a person for name corrections alone.

My father name is entered with Initial expanded, while all his documents are with initial alone.

his name is entered as(i am using Imaginative names)   Krishna Ram,  while all his documents has K.Ram

Officer requested proof:

> proof that both person are same

>since we are telugu and has family name as initial, they have requested a proof that shows our family name.
 requested grandfather certificate or proof while he died 20years back.

Proof i have provided for correction:

>I have provided the Letter from the doctor who have certified death of my father,  that state name can be corrected. with hospital seal.

> provided my passport copy that has our family name entered( Passport doesn't accept initial so had it expanded there)

> Provided my wedding copy that had our family name entered.

> provided all my father id proofs(ration, gas book, EB card, Property tax etc)  which has the same address as that of death certifcate.

however they are not accepting and insisting to get my grandfather Id proofs( their argument was family name would derive from grandfather) 

for my self too it derives from my father which i have given a copy to officer, but no acceptance.

and additionally gave them my wedding card copy but they are very reluctant to do it.

Please suggest me whether with all the existing proof should i complain to the Coporation commisioner and get them corrected or should i approach magistrate court to file a complaint/ get the notice  that says both the persons are same.  Any suggestion wold highly be appreciated.

Thanks for taking time to read my lengthy mail

Regards

Mahesh G

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register