LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep B (Confidential)     15 December 2009

Divorce petition

I have read that one can apply for mutual consent divorce on his own in civil court.

But then how to get the petition prepared. Who prepares it?

Learning

9 Replies

And one more query is that my marriage is registered in Ghaziabad court, so is it necessary that I should get divorce decree from that court only or I can file the petition in Delhi also?

prakash vathore ( lawyer)     15 December 2009

yes u can file the divorce petition by mutual consent, in that petition u and ur wfe both have to sign  u can file this petition in the dist court or in the family court.

Does that mean that I can file for mutual consent divorce any dist or family court in India or the one where she can come on the date of hearing?

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     15 December 2009

You can file it in the court of Ghaziabad. You can also file it in the court at Delhi, if you've last resided together at Delhi. 

Originally posted by :Adv Archana
"  You can file it in the court of Ghaziabad. You can also file it in the court at Delhi, if you've last resided together at Delhi.  "

We have resided in Ghaziabad only and she is still staying there and right now I am in chennai. Please let me know in which all court(s) can I file it?

File it in the court of Ghaziabad.

prakash vathore ( lawyer)     15 December 2009

i agree with archana, thanx

thanks Archana and Prakash.

How much will that cost me approx?

Court fee stamp and filing expenses are not much. Rest is the advocate's fees and that depends upon him.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register