Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Seema Singh (Nope)     15 December 2009

Do daughters have rights in grandfathers property?

We are two sisters and we ain't have any brother, my father wrote all his property to my second sister and got it registered few says back, saying that he had only one daughter & died. The property was of my Grandfather.So, my question is do I have any rights to claim my share in my Grandfathers property.

Can I file a court case ... can I win?

Learning

3 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     15 December 2009

You can challenge the document executed by your father as null and void and you can claim share in the property as it is your ancestral property.  First issue a legal notice.

1 Like

niranjan (civil practice)     15 December 2009

Suit can be filed,but you say that your father has given the property to your sister years back.If it is after 2005,you can challenge that,but otherwise  I think that since your father was only the heir of your grandfather,he had become sole owner of the property and he could dispose it accordingly. Atleast keep this in mind.Secondly,you have said that it is regd.deed.what year ?Also pay attention to limitation a ct.

1 Like

Seema Singh (Nope)     15 December 2009

All these things happened few days back... probably 20 days back I guess. My father wrote and registered the deed 20 days back and he died 13 days back.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register