Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vaibhav vadalkar (Technical leader)     20 April 2015

Society property

Hi

I leave in Co-op Hsg society and i was a committee member till 12 th april after 12th april i have completed my tenure and i have resign from my post.

Society election is yet to happen,few days back in our society there was a flat owner who constructed shade in there parking area but they removed the light pole from parking area and its still not fix.They have not taken any prior permission from society regarding constructing of shades in parking area.

Please let us know what action we can ask chairman oe secretary to take on this.

Learning

5 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     20 April 2015

thus the body was dissolved or what is mentioned in your co-op society bye laws because already you are a member and the tenture is over and how come the chairman and the secretary will function when no elections are not conducted if you tenture is over means there tenture will also come to end

vaibhav vadalkar (Technical leader)     20 April 2015

Sir

Body is not dissolve yet and after contacting to Registrar they told they need some E1 and E2 form and index2 copy of all the society members once its done they will announce election date.Can we meanwhile register complaint againts the above problem.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     25 April 2015

In which State and in which city is your Society?

vaibhav vadalkar (Technical leader)     25 April 2015

Maharashtra, pune,please let me know what action can be taken.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     28 April 2015

The tenure of a Managing Committee is for the whole Committee and not for individual members. How is it that you alone have completed the tenure? You say that Society election is yet to happen. What is the meaning of that? Has the present committee completed its tenure? It is the responsibility of the outgoing committee to ensure that elections are conducted before its own tenure expires. Why have they not conducted the elections? After the amendments to the Maharashtra Co-operative Societies Act in 2013 there is a lot of confusion regarding Managing Committee elections. The Co-operative Department had issued orders in 2014 saying all elections should be held under the supervision of its officers. I do not know whose harebrained idea was that. There are thousands of Societies awaiting elections because of the said order. Is your Society also one of them? Without a Managing Committee the Society cannot function. In order to take action against the member you may have to go to court. The court may ask for authority of the Committee. Even the member concerned may submit in the court that yours is a lame-duck MC with no powers. You may contact the Deputy Registrar of your ward and seek his advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register