LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vidyut   14 April 2015

Please help regarding court marriage

My name is vidyut. I have been in a relationship since 2007. From the 2nd year of being in relationship she has always been demanding for a court marriage which i have been saying that i dont want it because my parents would never approve of it. But since she has always talked of the same thing for 6 long years therefore i had to give in. Prior to the marriage we had physical relation but it was completly under the willing consent of both of us. As regards to the court marriage, it was all managed by her. All the witnesses and advocate was her friend. Now the main thing is that her behavior has changed after the marriage that took place in 2014 march. She has been doubting the relation and very recently threatened to destroy my career and my life as well as my parents reputation by filing a FIR under IPC 420 when i asked her that we will never be happy in this way.

I fully take the responsibility that i should not have consented to her decision of court marriage but i didnot know anything about its implications. I have not yet seen the certificate for the last one year because its with her and she says she wont allow it to be with me. Is there any remedy for the mistake of mine or shall i  have to remain always in fear of saving my family's reputation? Please advise me

Learning

3 Replies

Mohammed Mujeeb (Advocate)     14 April 2015

I understand you two are Hindus n married under HMA Even if you married under Spl Marriage Act the marriage is valid You may file for divorce now

Mohammed Mujeeb (Advocate)     14 April 2015

I understand you two are Hindus n married under HMA Even if you married under Spl Marriage Act the marriage is valid You may file for divorce now

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     14 April 2015

You can get duplicate marriage certificate by applying the concerned office, where marriage is registered.  This marriage relationship can be severed only by filing divorce case in court.  If you want to play a game that you will have pre-marital physical relationship and dilly-dally for the marriage and after marriage want to live surreptiously, I do not see what is that which you call "family reputation".  If you have grounds for divorce, then apply for the same.  Otherwise make mends, and live happy peaceful married life without having false pretentions of "family reputation".

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register