LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Can an nri send legal notice to wife and her family from UAE

Hi to all members, me and my wife married as per Muslim sharia in India, then i brought my wife to UAE on my sponsorship ,she went back to India 8 months before by promising me that after the delivery of the baby she will return to me, the problem is form her mother side since she was asking me money for the marriage of her other 2 daughters, which I ignored, then my wife also joined her mother in the game now, and blackmailing me with false cases, fortunately I have all the call recording in my defense. More over there is no communication between our two families due to the same disputes, I just wanted know being myself in UAE can i send legal notices to my wife and in laws regarding my wife to come and join me here in UAE, since she went to India for delivery of baby and does not want to come to me, and demanding money for settlement etc. etc., which i don’t want to happen, can anyone suggest me what is the procedure to send the legal notices to my wife and in laws and the concern Indian authorities in India, I still love my wife, I want to get back her. I want her to come and join me here in UAE that is all I need from her. Can I do all this procedure without a lawyer???Because previously I hired a stupid lawyer who ditched me for money, who then turn in their side, and threatening me that he will fight the case from their side now. Can I take any legal help from Indian Embassy here????i came to know that they filled a complaint  on me, but no FIR yet, because police also understood it’s a false complaint .Can you please tell me what action I can take on my wife and her cruel mother. Can I do all these things with out visiting India???? Thank a lot in advance for your valuable replies.

Learning

6 Replies

Adv.Vandana Vaidya (Advocate & Regd. Patent Attorney)     11 April 2015

Well, you can try mediation with the help of elders or marriage counsellors to help your wife understand the consequences of her behaviour. In the absence of that or if does not cooperate then you may issue a legal notice to her. You may take the help of a local lawyer, if need be, instead of a lawyer in India.

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     11 April 2015

Sir, Legal notice can be send asking her to join your company ... That's no big deal .... But what if she don't join then what are your plans .... Warm Regards Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

(Guest)
Thanks a lot for both Ms.Vandana,&Mr.Kapil, for your replies,but my question is can i bring the matter to the higher authorities in my state, so that they will be also aware of actual situation,and local police will not do any over actings in this issue to grab some money from my family,all the mediation done from elders they also faced the bad situation from her family,can I send legal notices to my sister in law and mother inlaw for scolding,insulting me and my family ??? I can prove it in the court also,since I have all the call records of their conversations,

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     11 April 2015

Involve members of both the families and relatives, try for mediation and counselling, which could pave the way for a reunion. Approaching legally should be a last resort. Is money the only matter or is there something else

(Guest)
Thanks a lot Mr.Sainath,the whole episode is for money only, because at the end it will come to money only more over they did not showed my baby so far to my family and my self, they are so adamant that they didn't communicate about the delivery and whereabouts of my baby, because their intention is to give me mental tourcher,so I want to take some action on them, as father do I have any rights can I take some action on them.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 April 2015

First of all when you approach this forum which is basically lawyers club, better have a control in your language and mind your tongue.  You have stated a lawyer as stupid in your first post, but approaching lawyers here for advise and opinions, strange?, how do you expect a reply from lawyers when you have foul mouthed about the legal fraternity here?

Well, to you query, you can issue a legal notice even without involving a lawyer but for asking your wife to return to your home, you can issue notice only to her and not to her parents, they are not bound by you. for this you dont have to approach embassy or anyone.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register