Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar MS Kandan (Tech.)     09 April 2015

Wife not coming back and threatening of cases.

Hi,

My name is Kumar  from Hyd. 

- got married in 2011 Feb

-2 kids out of marriage .  After second kid in Oct 2014 she went to her parents home(after naming ceremony function at my home)  and not coming back.

Right from day she left they started threatening of police case. 

in these 5 months I went to their home once, my parents went twice and mediators went couple of times and tried to settle the issue but she is not returning back.

Her allegations are as below :

- i should leave my parents and keep a separate family in different place of her choice.

-i should not take care of my parents.

-my father should work (actually my father left his private job after my marriage) . he is diabetic and his health is not good.

- i should not take care of my sister (sister got married and visits my parents occasionally)

- i should not pay home loan (recently constructed at which our second kid is born) . her demand is home loan should be paid by my brother-in-law i.e my sister's husband .  .. Y because the land is on my mothers name and my sister will get half of the property

- i should not support my parents financially 

- my complete salary should be spent for my wife and kids only.

On phone I asked her to come with parents to talk and settle the things at mediators home but they are not willing to.

Now as per my last dicussion she is planning to file a maintainance case crpc125. 

little background of my wife education :

- MBA finance and worked for 2 months after marriage at some private company 

i am willing to take my wife and kids back and also open for a seperate family but they r not coming for a talking in front of mediators.

if she really files 125 what should I do . i am not willing to maintain her as she left my home and not willing to come back .

is RCR the correct option now ? please suggest.

Thanks,

Kumar.

Learning

9 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     09 April 2015

dont budge to her pressure.personally i advice you to put some resistance.you agree for a seperate residence but say it got to be near your parents home put some condition like this.every son got some responsibility and he has to abide by it and has to protect his parents when they turn old.

if you can prove in court that she left voluntarily then she wont be entitled for any maintenance under crpc 125.but for that you need to provide proof for the reconcilation efforts you undertook and uinspite of that she refused to join you

you make call recordings of their threats,conditions they pose etc.

rcr is an option.you can file it.if she really has intentions to join you then she will otherwise she might retaliate by filing 498a or dv.but if she does it then it will definitely lead to divorce

Born Fighter (xxx)     09 April 2015

Good advice by Adv Saravanan.

Don't budge to her pressure, the more you run after her the more pricey she would act.

Start collecting evidences and manage your financials smartly !!!

1 Like

Kumar MS Kandan (Tech.)     13 April 2015

Thanks Saravanan sir and Born Fighter for reply.

Here is the latest update.

Today morning I got a call from some lady . She said she is from XYZ mahila mandal. I should report to them on coming Sat @ 11am with my parents as my wife gave complaint/case on me.

I asked her name - she dint mention and just hang up the call by saying u shud come on mentioned time.

I am not able to get her moto here. but this so called mahila mandam is near to their parents home and definitely they have some influence. how to deal now? for sure they will shoot their demands .. and what authority does so called mahila mandals hold? what if they force me to sign any MOU ?

Thanks, Kiran

Born Fighter (xxx)     13 April 2015

Mahila Mandals or women cells have no powers, they cant compel you to sign any MOU.

These ladies will try and create a picture as if they can destroy you, but don't grumble / dont show your anger / be cool and patient. They will certainly try and put pressure to resolve issues then and there . You show your willingness to take her back as per suggestions already given and put the ball in her court.

If they pressurize tell them you need time to think and will take appropriate steps accordingly. Do not conclude the meeting as far as possible from your side

raman kumar (engineering)     14 April 2015

in 125 my salary slip is amount diff each fig every month how to decide JMC my basic salay 5700, HRA 1800, Medical 1200,.....net pay 10666/- but performance pay ++ it's diff every month like 15-16-20-23-12-etc so how to decide????????

Kumar MS Kandan (Tech.)     19 February 2016

Hi, 

I am continuing to post on this thread. Here is the progres of my case so far .

- wife went to Legal aid services(free legal aid) at her place in April 2015

- Councelling happened and wife agreed to come back if I stay seperately. I agreed and took a 2bhk apartment on rent in May 2015

- May to Oct 2015 - councelling happened twice in a month.

- Oct 2015 councelling stopped. I requested my wife to join back my parents (but seperate kitchen) . She agreed and we moved to our own house in Nov 2015. 

- Dec 2015 she left my home with 2 Kids after a small argument with me. 

Now she is not willing to come back. Got to know that she is working at some private company. 

What shall I do now, 

if I file a mediation complaint at Legal services in my area?

File RCR ?

I am expecting maintainance/DV as per her argument on Phone.

Thanks,

Kumar

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Kumar Kumar
Hi, 

I am continuing to post on this thread. Here is the progres of my case so far .

- wife went to Legal aid services(free legal aid) at her place in April 2015

- Councelling happened and wife agreed to come back if I stay seperately. I agreed and took a 2bhk apartment on rent in May 2015

- May to Oct 2015 - councelling happened twice in a month.

- Oct 2015 councelling stopped. I requested my wife to join back my parents (but seperate kitchen) . She agreed and we moved to our own house in Nov 2015. 

- Dec 2015 she left my home with 2 Kids after a small argument with me. 

Now she is not willing to come back. Got to know that she is working at some private company. 

What shall I do now, 

if I file a mediation complaint at Legal services in my area?

File RCR ?

I am expecting maintainance/DV as per her argument on Phone.

Thanks,

Kumar

Keeping wife under control is an art.

Variables are:
1.  Your income.
2.  Your job.
3.  Your place of living.
4.  Mood etc.

When you already knew that wife is troublemaker, and not housemaker, you should not have taken her back to your parents house. You married, what karma for your parents that they have to tolerate your wife and kid, get bad mouthed by her and also do her seva?

Guys like you are the one's responsible for failure of marriage and increasing number of divorce and false 498a/DV cases.

Whats the point in not being able to control one damn woman?  After all it is you who can poke, remember?

Well, now you will have to reap fruits of not being able to keep wife under control.

You can also take separate accomodation for you and your headache and the kid and continue leading marital life.

The sole reason for your problem is you asking her to stay along with your parents.

After marriage one shuld be ready to let go parents abode and move out separately and lead family life, if you are proper, she will also be proper. You should be in a position to tell her, look I did this for you, you better behave the way I want you to, we are separate now and you should concentrate on leading family life with me.

Morons like you first would have taken dowry powry etc etc making yourself cheap in the eyes of the girl and in turn the inlaws, then who will give respect to you?  They will dance coz they bought you.

Even if you did not take dowry, you should be gutsy enough to give four tight slaps on her face wherever it is and whenever it is required.  

There is a particular way to treat wife, and wife need to be treated that exact way only.  She is never a friend whom you want to be, you give little scope to her, she will sit on head and do like what she has done with you.

Well, now also it is not too late.  Take her into control.  Set an example for the kid too.  You be like this, kid will also learn mothers tactics only.

ITS Never late to learn.

Born Fighter (xxx)     19 February 2016

I m surprized you took her back. Bhai, kitna zhukogey ?? She is the man in the relationship and you are like a puppet. 

Your beloved lovely wife is a timebomb that can explode any time. Control ??? just forget it, she will destroy you if you attempt to.

Take stock of things and safeguard yourself, you have done enough to save the marriage.....looks like !!

If you still want to reconcile then take a seperate accomodation away from parents and experiment. Your wife knows how to control you by giving legal threats and you are succumbing to the threats.

Be a man, dont fear DV/498A .....kuch nahi bass litigation ke mohre hai. Fight Back !!!!

Shobit Dua   22 February 2016

Well said Helping hand & Born Fighter. totally agree with you.

Kumar,

I am also sailing in a same boat. We should not leave our parents like this. Don’t accept her demands. If she go illegal don’t be sad you can’t do much. You already tried your best.

At max she will ask for maintenance. Let the court decide and you also ask for child visit. And live like a free bird. You can’t help such greedy  and senseless creature.

If possible, please secure your parents financially.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register