LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Uncontested divorce or MCD or Nullification

May i know which divorce is better to take MCD or Uncontested ? There is a defect in marriage registration but a marriage certificate was issued and based on that girls side went and filed lot of cases on me and my family. There was no saat phera ceremony neither girl or boy went to court or marriage registrar or even signed on marriage register but marriage certificate was issued giving 500 Rs and my life was ruined after that. Now in the eyes of court marriage occurred until proved that it never occurred by me. Recently there is lot of talks going between both families and the problem i am facing is on deciding whether or not i should agree for MCD because i never registered any marriage and i wanted to file for nullification instead of divorce. But 5 years has already passed and i am not sure if nullification is still an option. I would appreciate if someone could walk me through this dilemma on deciding what is best for me ?

Learning

3 Replies

Srinivasan (IT)     28 March 2015

Hi

what is the defect in marriage registration?

if there is no marriage registration also yu can file for contested divorce because no one is denying about the marriage

saravanan s (legal advisor)     28 March 2015

hindu marriage need not be compulsorily registered for it to be valid so marriage certificate is not a problem for a problem for getting mcd or contested divorce.if you want to file for annulement of marriage it should be done witin a year of commiting the fraud.if you want to file a mcd then prepare a mou with the help of a lawyer and file a joint petition for mcd in the court.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     28 March 2015

mcd is preferred to contested divorce because of the short time it takes to get a decree when compared to contested one which may go for two to four years

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register