LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishwa (translator)     12 December 2009

Another gem from the SC

I was reading a news item yesterday about a PIL before the SC filed by an NGO. The substance was that no steps were being taken to curb prostitution. The honourable judge, while commenting that no legislation had succeeded any where in curbing the oldest profession, suggested that if you cannot check this social evil, it would be better to legalise it so that some control may be exercised on this trade...

One may remember that another judge had recommended it would be better for men to simply obey their wives...

I think the apex body is unable to come to terms with the role it is expected to play in our society and goes about making ridiculous comments -ridiculous not because they are irrelevant but rather because the honourable court is uncertain whether it is there to enforce laws or go beyond and start making new laws. However, the Apex body does not believe in transparency with regard to the appointment of its own members. I personally feel that this body stands discredited from the time Indira Gandhi imposed Emergency and sent men like JP to jail. Even more disturbing is the incident where a key witness involved in the PF scam was killed in prison.  Where is this country going?

Learning

13 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     12 December 2009

Real thought Sir.

Meenakshi (Lawyer)     12 December 2009

So true sir! its all mockery now............ law makers are malfunctioning day by day.....Being reasonable is just out of the question and such baseless people will in no time turn this profession in to business............

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     12 December 2009

This is our India.  Judges they are great?

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     12 December 2009

Meenakshi, dont mind for saying this, but it is already a flourishingbusiness, started long time ago and going strong with full enthusiasm.

CHANDAN MAHAPATRA (COMPANY SECRETARY)     12 December 2009

With due respect, is it really possible for  every question the answer is  a legislation? If life was so easy then we wouldn't need  to debate as we are doing today. The decision given by SC on prostitution is worth noting- after all if its is legalised all the people who are making money out of it  due to its illegality and millions of women who are falling vicitims to it may be saved.

Sure judiciary needs to change and so do all it members. Sometimes the display our friends in the bar put up for the public- the recent one in AP on telegana would put all of us to shame- so its not only judges but also all the lawyers, et all. The rot is all pervasive and the change has to happen within rather than from outside- do you think  legislation is the solution- u already have it- does it solve!!

Lastly on "Where is the Country going"- u are in this country and ur taking it there so u need to question yourself rather than asking others- which means the our country is as clueless as u are.

No offence please.

(Guest)

When irresponsible judges sit at high seats we will get such silly statements. Indians have great patiency to listen. As long as we lend our ears we cannot do anything.

Meenakshi (Lawyer)     12 December 2009

Assumi its suppose to be a profession............not a business its turned in to one and m not proud of that..............

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     13 December 2009

MINAKSHI IS RIGHT. WE R NOT PROUD THAT IT IS COVERTING INTO BUSINESS AND BHAI BATIJA WAD POLICY IN APPOINTING JUDGES IS THERE AND NOW A DAYS JUSTICE IS NOT DELIVERED BUT PURCHASED BY BIASED PEOPLE AND RELATIVES AND FRINEDS OF JUDGES PRACTISING IN THE SAME COURT AND NOBODY IS THERE TO STOP SUCH PRACTICE.

ANYHOW WE CAN PRAY AND HOPE THAT ONE DAY MAY BE ANY GOOD ONE WILL STAND AGAINST THEM AND SORT OUT AND STREAMLINE THE WHOLE JUDICIARY.

TILL THEN APNI TO NAIYA HAI RAM KE BHAROSE RE.

AMLAN GHOSH (ADVOCATE-ON-RECORD)     13 December 2009

Let's not run down Judges, we have to remember that they are one of us and have not come from "Moon" so theirs opinion is the opinion of the prevalent society. If we run them down without understanding how to change the society for good we are doing a great disservice to ourselves as that will destroy the last pillar of our system which gives us some sustenance and survival in this rotten system.

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     13 December 2009

As per my view Ghosh sir, you r from SC.

And do u know out of total strength 6 judges are from Punjab and Haryana High Court.

Why SO???

Whereas just pick the judgments and most of the adverse orders are pronounced against the Judgments of punjab and haryana high court????

Just think and then tell me the reason or i will confirm u what it is going on behind the curen. coz i also belongs to the same court and very well aware their system.

So tell me who will stop them. Who so ever try to stop them, he has been shifted from here or he got so much adverce judgments in his all the cases that he/she even left practising from here and join Supreme court.

That is the reality. What i m facing from the last 7-8 years. But cannot say anything and now i m had also join two three such groups just for the sake of my clients so that they may get the justice though i m paying a big share out of my income to these advocates relatives of judges but it is my helpness.

They r living in big bunglows even they r junior to me but earing in lacs per months just coz they r relatives and even i m on rented accomodation coz i have to manipute the things to get the right thing from the court and have to spend a lot. Tell me how we can change this system, it will never change as per my view till then RAM BHAROSE GADI CHAL RAHI HAI and CHALTI RAHEGI.

J. P. Shah (RTI & CONSUMER ACTIVIST)     13 December 2009

All these are strengthening naxalism, since common man is fast losing faith in judiciary also. He has long back lost hope for politicians and babus. If things do not improve, we will be a lawless society, where laws will be consigned to books only.

Meenakshi (Lawyer)     14 December 2009

I compleely agree with Kamal JEE.....

Vishwa (translator)     17 December 2009

Reading between the lines of Shri Kamalji's msg, it would appear that he is alluding to judicial corruption, in that advocates who are relatives of a particular judge or particular judges are given preferential judgements. This is a serious matter, especially when coming from a lawyer. Kamalji is worried about the income of lawyers but I am more concerned by the fate of litigants and their cases in this court. Since Kamalji is obviously unable to change the state of matters, it would further appear that there are more relatives of judges than honest lawyers in the concerned court. Can Kamalji explain to the members of this forum what efforts have been taken to eliminate such malfunctioning? Perhaps he is not averse to taking advantage of the system when it suits him or his clients...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register