LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AJIT DAS (SENIOR MANAGER)     23 March 2015

Exibits at judgement stage

Brief history: My elder brother died at the age of 32 and left behind his wife and 2.5 yrs daughter.After his last rites the family of the girl suggested for remarry with me which was was refused.So she decided to go to her fathers home with the child and all the articles and jewellery. There she lodged a case under section 498a,323,341,379, 34 against me.my parents and my three married sisters in the year 1999.Trial is over and after the arguments from both sides was over  and on the date of judgement they,prosecution, filed a petition for recording the statement of the doctor a. which was rejected by the trial court.On appeal the same was rejected by the Sessions court.They filed for revision in Patna high court.Patna HC also dismissed the petition with a observation " the trial court is directed to conclude the trial within  a period of 30 working days,The petitioner is free to exibit  document(s) as per law or as required." Now that they are allowed to exibit the injury report , without the doctor being called to corroborate how will it affect our case  which otherwise is very good in terms of the defense witness statements and the documentary evidence exibited. Kindly guide me as the contradictory ruling of patna HC is creating a lot of anxiety in me and my family w.r.t. the false case filed and the verdict .

Learning

1 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     24 March 2015

Mere submission of report will not add weight to the petitioner unless the doctor gives his statement  in the court.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register