LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

reunion2   19 March 2015

Husband seeking divorce from wife

I am a 32 year old married. Basically i belongs to Bihar but working in Bangalore in Private Firm. We both myself and my wife are Hindu. We got married with Hindu rituals in 2012. After that we registered our marriage in Bangalore Registrar.

I will come directly to the point. My wife is very short tempered and antonym (Ziddi) in nature. She will do what she wants wheather it is a small thing or a big issue. As i mentioned that this is the 3rd year of after marriage i used to ignore all her these small/big things. I complained or just discussed about this with her elder brother too. He said Boss this is your broblem now. Both of you need to short it out. Her brother also accepted her antonym nature. Last 2.5 years there were many fight happens between me and my wife. Due to her this nature all my friends stopped coming to house but all in touch with me via phone.

Many times i compleined about her to my parents and her brother. All try to cool down her and convince me that you have to stay with her only. And i was fine with this till 4 months before.

4 months before my mother got admitted in hospital seriouse case (Some Brain Operation). Now she recovered but needs some 24 hours acompany for next 2-3months. Initially 3 months i tool WFH option and stay with her. Now i asked her to stay with her then she is denyind and passing many wrong words for my parents. Last 1 month i am with my parents at my native and she is in Bangalore. I told her on phone i planning to resign but she knows i will not resign.

After thinking alot on my 2.5 yrs marride life i decided to go for Divorce. She is well educated and will get job easily. As per my info she got job also in Bangalore.

Some of the main points for divorce are

she is insisting me to let her give money. Once force fully she asked to transfer Lakh of rupees. I transfered too to get peace in life. Its a online transfer i have proofs.

trying to distance me from my parents by not letting me meet my parents

lot of arguments and unnecessary quarrels

she is very very short tempered and antonym

never lets me focus at my work, she calls me atleast 10 times a day inspite of requesting her not to do. And finally do fight with me in night. Neighours also knew this.

Learning

16 Replies

reunion2   19 March 2015

I would like to have advise in these below lines

1. Should i apply divorce case or wait for her to apply.

2. Actually there is planned long onsite option is available for me and she is aware. Should i go without letting her know kept her in Bangalore.

3. In any case i an 100 % sure that she will get job easily any where. Will it make me free to give any Alloiance,

Saurav (Engineer)     20 March 2015

Believe me buddy the problems you have listed are not even problems in the first place.

Sort out your issues with your wife and do not go for Divorce.

Divorce looks fashion word nowadays but remember this the repercussions are pretty dramatic. Further there is no written rule that the next girl you get will be better than your wife. The future is unknown buddy.

So be wise and sort out your problems with your wife.

Ask me about the problems I am going through. I am also going through divorce later this year. Your problems are like fairy tale compared to mine.

reunion2   20 March 2015

Originally posted by : Saurav

Believe me buddy the problems you have listed are not even problems in the first place.

Sort out your issues with your wife and do not go for Divorce.

Divorce looks fashion word nowadays but remember this the repercussions are pretty dramatic. Further there is no written rule that the next girl you get will be better than your wife. The future is unknown buddy.

So be wise and sort out your problems with your wife.

Ask me about the problems I am going through. I am also going through divorce later this year. Your problems are like fairy tale compared to mine.

I am 100 % agree with you. That's why i spent 2.5 yrs with her. But now its un torreable. she is on her final stage. Due to these fights only we didn't plan baby in these years. Always use protection whenever we do.

roshuv (Manager)     20 March 2015

Donot spare this type of cruel women. Fight the case with help of good lawyer. Heard if wife is highly educated then No Alimony. Check Recent Delhi court and Mumbai court decisions.

Best of luck

Varun (engineer)     20 March 2015

I am not lawyer but having problem as you mentioned. For me it has been 2 year of seperation. One thing is clear , you will not get divorce as easy you mentioned and she has more tools than you. So use your resource  carefully. First and formost focus on job.. My suggestion...

1. File for divorce just before you go abraod.

2. Just for formality, ask your parents to disown you. This will happen if there is some problem in future when you are not in India.

3. if child is involved then pay some money to her for child. Otherwise no.

reunion2   20 March 2015

Originally posted by : Varun

I am not lawyer but having problem as you mentioned. For me it has been 2 year of seperation. One thing is clear , you will not get divorce as easy you mentioned and she has more tools than you. So use your resource  carefully. First and formost focus on job.. My suggestion...

1. File for divorce just before you go abraod.

2. Just for formality, ask your parents to disown you. This will happen if there is some problem in future when you are not in India.

3. if child is involved then pay some money to her for child. Otherwise no.

Yes Varun. I am thinking on the same line. but little hesitated that just file a divorce and fly for USA might create a judicial issue, In that case i will be empty handed. Unluckly if i need to return back from USA then i will be in very bad situation

Born Fighter (xxx)     20 March 2015

Neglecting in laws when sick  (as in ur case when mother is operated and needs care) is a valid ground for divorce under mental cruelty. Record her refusal to support you in this regard - phone/email.

Start gathering evidences if you are contemplating divorce. 

Your wife is well qualified, but what if she refuses to work and claims maintenance/alimony  from you ??

Since you don't have a child, you have to worry about the alimony she will demand to relieve you.

Better sit with her and initiate mutual consent divorce, don't mess with her ........... filing divorce and then going to US should be avoided, ur wife is short-tempered and unpredictable, in her rage she will file false cases and make ur life complicated to seek revenge. Take her brother in confidence and initiate talks thru him if you think he could be of any help

Give her money and buy peace ......go for MCD

reunion2   20 March 2015

Originally posted by : Born Fighter

Neglecting in laws when sick  (as in ur case when mother is operated and needs care) is a valid ground for divorce under mental cruelty. Record her refusal to support you in this regard - phone/email.

Start gathering evidences if you are contemplating divorce. 

Your wife is well qualified, but what if she refuses to work and claims maintenance/alimony  from you ??

Since you don't have a child, you have to worry about the alimony she will demand to relieve you.

Better sit with her and initiate mutual consent divorce, don't mess with her ........... filing divorce and then going to US should be avoided, ur wife is short-tempered and unpredictable, in her rage she will file false cases and make ur life complicated to seek revenge. Take her brother in confidence and initiate talks thru him if you think he could be of any help

Give her money and buy peace ......go for MCD

Thanks Born Fighter

I made my mind that i must leave her. I just need to thing about the ways through which i will get less impacted.One more thing the alimony money will depend upon my indian salary or USA salary (% wise) or it will be a fixed amount in rupees?

Born Fighter (xxx)     20 March 2015

Gather evidences, make your case strong and then start talks on MCD

Reg Alimony - Your wife will ask for the moon irrespective of what you earn in Rs/ $,  This is the weapon used by wife's to harass husbands and thereby  delaying divorce.

The more you provoke/agitate her the more will be the alimony amount based on my analysis of your wife's nature. Don't even disclose to her your plans to go to US as she will ensure you dont go by filing 498/DV case.

Gather strong evidences so that she will get at backfoot and settle for decent /less amount suiting your pocket. All the Best !!!

(Guest)

MARRIAGE WORKS ONLY ONE WAY.

YOU ADJUST OR YOU DONT.  AS SIMPLE AS THAT.

Born Fighter (xxx)     21 March 2015

If your wife is searching for Job , help her get one ASAP. Wait for 3 months, get salary details and then file for divorce :)

Don't waste time thinking too much, take appropriate steps / act smart !!

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 March 2015

Better consult a good lawyer in the local, apprise him the entire details, get his opinion, if not satisfied take a second opinion from another consultant and decide wisely but patiently, do not rush up or take a decision in a hurry which will prove you wrong.

dr.pawan rajyan (member and secretory)     31 March 2015

Collect evidences of her above said cruelties. Wait for few Months without showing your intention to get divorce and then file .

Rajesh Kulkarni (Advocate)     31 March 2015

File divorce case under grounds of cruelty

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register