LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CHARNJEET SINGH (ASSISTANT)     18 March 2015

Income tax

SIR, I WANT TO ASK YOU THAT HOW MUCH SPENDING OF CREDIT CARD IS ALLOWED IN INCOME TAX. I NORMALY USE CREDIT CARD TRANSATION APPRO. 10000 TO 15000/- PER MONTH RECENTLY I AM MARRIED I THINK MY SPENDING MAY BE INCREASED IN FUTURE. 

Learning

4 Replies

nafees (Proprietor)     18 March 2015

Sir, My Question is, My Client has purchased a Agriculture Land for Rs. 388500/- in 2003, entered into development in March 2008 by an advance of Rs. 1,15,00,000/-. Later got his share in 2011-12 FY and received part of the consideration after deducting advance in 2011-12 FY and balance in 2012-13 FY. In which Year I am liable to pay tax and how much.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     18 March 2015

There is no limit to credit card spending in so far as income-tax law is concerned.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 March 2015

@Charanjeet Singh: What is income tax doing with spending?, It is your capacity to spend but source of income is the concern of the income tax department.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     20 March 2015

Income tax department monitors not only income but also acquisition of property, jewellery etc and also luxurious spending. The principle is one cannot spend if one has not income. If one spends lavishly which is not reflected in the returns submitted by him/her, income tax department can ask you to justify the income. Madam Jayalalitha, among other things, lavishly celebrated the marriage of her adopted son. The case against her is expenditure and wealth disproportionate to her known sources of income. A few years back if one travelled abroad it had to be reported to the income-tax department.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register