LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mridula WS (dr)     15 March 2015

Passport-changes in particulars

Dear Sir, My passport is issued in 2007 and will be expired in 2017. I was abroad during past 6 years for studies. My studies are finished and I am residing now at my hometown in Cochin. I have to change few details in my passport before I am leaving for a job in few months time. Changing these details while staying abroad in another visa was a cumbersome task and I opt to wait until I am done with my studies and back my home. The following are the changes I need to make in my passport. 1. Bifurcating given name XXXXYYYYYY into First name XXXXX and Family name YYYYY. 2. Changing place of Birth - to make it as same as mentioned in my Birth certificate. I was born before 1989 and when I filled in my passport application form, I mistook my native place which was written in my SSLC name as my place of birth. After getting a BC in 2009, I came to know that I am mistaken. Both places (place of birth and native place (present place of birth mentioned in my passport) is in same state and in same district. 3. Change of address- We recently moved to a new village in the same district. 4. Addition of Spouse name - recently got married. Can I change all these particulars at the same time? What are the documents needed to change my place of birth (As I read in passport office website that if both places are in the same state, there is no need for a court statement)?

Learning

1 Replies

Mridula WS (dr)     18 March 2015

Originally posted by : Mridula WS
Dear Sir,

My passport is issued in 2007 and will be expired in 2017. I was abroad during past 6 years for studies. My studies are finished and I am residing now at my hometown in Cochin. I have to change few details in my passport before I am leaving for a job in few months time. Changing these details while staying abroad in another visa was a cumbersome task and I opt to wait until I am done with my studies and back my home. The following are the changes I need to make in my passport.

1. Bifurcating given name XXXXYYYYYY into First name XXXXX and Family name YYYYY.

2. Changing place of Birth - to make it as same as mentioned in my Birth certificate. I was born before 1989 and when I filled in my passport application form, I mistook my native place which was written in my SSLC name as my place of birth. After getting a BC in 2009, I came to know that I am mistaken. Both places (place of birth and native place (present place of birth mentioned in my passport) is in same state and in same district.

3. Change of address- We recently moved to a new village in the same district.

4. Addition of Spouse name - recently got married.

Can I change all these particulars at the same time? What are the documents needed to change my place of birth (As I read in passport office website that if both places are in the same state, there is no need for a court statement)?

Please give me a reply

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register