LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjay kulkarni (civil engineer)     15 March 2015

Harrassement under rti act

i am working as a civil  engineer in a local self govt.APMC. This institution has started implementing RTI since 2013 when a govt administrator took charge.As i am working under local self govt public body authority as per directives there was no authority to me regarding handling of  office papers.The secretary is a administrative head and it is a promoted post who again works as boards regulations. Now some  office rivals joining hands with outsiders asking my personal information.Also challenging the authority that if information if denied will go on hunger strike  or agitation.Making unsustainable remarks and alligations in letters.The authority succuming their demand wrote letter to higher authorities for my enquiry without intimating me.Every alternate day they are demanding information on same topic with changing person.Some matters are related to my wifes proprietory business firm who is civil contractor since 1992 duly paying IT.She has also rendered some service to this APMC on their demand by resolution.In Maharashtra there are all together 300 APMCs and only 6-7 apmcs are having Engineers in  schedule.

They are asking drawings since 1990 which i am not holding in record as hierarchy or holding of records duty has not been mentioned uptil now. As secretary is the only answerable to board and he has not given me proper assitance. They are adding or removing my departments sub staff according to their convinience many a times without substituting alternate.now my office asking me for comply and i am unable. Certain portion i have complied.Their intention is to Blackmail me. Please support.

Learning

3 Replies

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     16 March 2015

Mr.Sanjay,I think u have no comprehension about d RTI Act.The act clearly says that whatever information available in d records such information alone u have to firnish.U caannot creat information.Regarding ur wife work rendered to d department alone shall be furnished not more tthan that.u neeed not furnish ur or ur wofe peersonnel information
1 Like

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     16 March 2015

Mr.Sanjay,I think u have no comprehension about d RTI Act.The act clearly says that whatever information available in d records such information alone u have to firnish.U caannot creat information.Regarding ur wife work rendered to d department alone shall be furnished not more tthan that.u neeed not furnish ur or ur wofe peersonnel information

sanjay kulkarni (civil engineer)     18 March 2015

APMC It self is not a sanctioning authority of any type of  building plans of private plot owners  building plans in its premises.It is working as a supervisory state. Only Local competent authority like municipal corporation has right to sanction with some modifications.But APMC is forwarding after basic scrutiny and charging some scrutiny fee.Now some RTI activists are continuously demanding  the copy of plans of private properties of whose construction,sanction or related technicalities are done by private owners its architect. APMC is doing nothing in it.Can the demand be denied as it is possible that private owners may get harrassed for minor changesin plans by activists.If yes on what ground?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register