LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tinu_wizind (abc)     25 February 2015

Cancel agreement?

Hi, I've applied for divorce & first hearing is done. I need to pay rent for 2 months. But since i'm not staying with my wife, can i cancel the rent agreement? Will there be any charges or complaints if i cancel agreement now?

Learning

4 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     25 February 2015

Dear, Please go through the terms of the rent agreement and I think generally the security gets forfeited in such cases ..... Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

ADV-JEEVAN PATIL, MUMBAI ( DEEMED/CONVEYANCE OF BUILDING)     26 February 2015

If joint agreement along with wife better.if not pay rent and terminate if lessor agrees without any extra amout. Also see terms of Agreement

Tinu_wizind (abc)     26 February 2015

Thanks for the Replies. But will the other party lawyer or court impeach me for terminating house contract agreement when my wife wants to live there? very tricky situation!! could u please advise.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 March 2015

You said that you have filed the divorce case and the wife is not staying in that house.  Then how cold you apprehend the court impeach or any other adverse inference?  The terms of agreement with the landlord  has nothing to do with the court case, if you desire to the terminate the lease contract, you may follow the conditions therein, this has got nothing to do with the court case.  If she wants to reside in your house by a court order, let she reside with you in the present place where you live now.  Take the advise of your lawyer on further issues.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register