Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

New_User15 (it)     20 February 2015

Cheated with insurance money for personal loan

HI,

On December 28, 2014, I had the requirement of personal loan of Rs 3,00,000(Three Lakhs only). I enquired some banks but they said, it would take 7-10 working days for the loan to be processed. Since, I was in urgent need of money, I tried exploring other options. I checked on Ad Website, www.quikr.com, about private loans in Bengaluru. In my search I came across, the company, Assistant India Loan Company.  

After contacting them over email for personal loan, I received email from MD/CEO of Assistant India Loan Company, Mr. John Morgan. He told me, he will be providing loan, at 2% p.a interest rates. Also, he had sent me terms and conditions over the email, which had listed that it was required to deposit, Rs 8.500 as insurance amount initially, for the process of loan.  The amount was needed to be transferred into a personal savings account. 

After transferring Rs 8,500 on December 28,2014 in morning, I received a call from the bank representative , Mr. Praveen Smith, of the same company with FUNDS TRANSFER NOTIFICATIONS”, stating that for the transfer of loan amount to my account I need to deposit Rs 19,770, for transfer charges. I checked with lender Mr John Morgan, and he mentioned that it is bank regulation to pay this amount, and this will be refunded back with my loan amount.  The email mentioned RBI officer details, and name of RBI office Mr. Sandip Ghose.

After transferring, Rs  19,770 into the said account, I again got the mail from same bank representative, stating that I need to pay Rs 38,600 for the “India Government tax” . On receiving this mail, I called back Mr. John Morgan, and asked him to check on this. He mentioned that it is the government tax and needs to be paid, which will be refunded into my account along with loan amount, which will now be total of Rs 3,66,270(3,00,000 loan amount and 66,270 amount which I have paid). When I confronted Mr. John Morgan, he said, they can block the money for me and give me 2 days time to arrange for the tax amount to be paid. Since, I was in urgent need of loan, I arranged for the amount Rs 38,600 and transferred into his account.

Then, on 31st December 2014, I got the call from same bank representative that I need to transfer another amount, totaling to Rs 68,500 for “Expansion of Account” charges.  When I declined, to pay since now it seemed to be that both of them seemed to be performing deceitful actions, I told Mr. John Morgan, that I do not need the loan amount and want my amount deposited to be refunded back. Initially he threatened me that if I do not proceed with loan they will complain to police, and send police to my place. But upon re-forcing, he said after discussing with bank  he will  inform me about refund.  Then on January 12, 2104, I was informed that I can get my refund back, by paying cancellation amount of Rs 5,000. This was emailed to me through an agreement made by Barrister Mary. Thus I had transferred, Rs 5,000 to the same account. After receiving that money, Mr. John Morgan, informed me that , bank is asking for reflection amount Rs 15,000 more to transfer the amount.

From that day I have talking with Mr John Morgan, Bank representative, Praveen Smith, about the refund, but he is always providing same excuse that bank asks for reflection amount to be transferred to proceed with refund amount. He had also told me to come to his office in Delhi, to discuss directly with Bank. Since, I was not able to go to Delhi, I got his official address which he has provided checked . As expected the office address was fake and there was no office present.

I want to know how can I proceed with getting my money back. What actions should I take. Since I reside in Bangalore and this fraudster is in Delhi, how can I take action against him? 

Also, I have details about his phone number, bank account details in which he had asked me to transfer the amount.

Please help, I am in a very bad position now.

Learning

4 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     20 February 2015

since all these transactions you made happened from bangalore itself you can file a case u/s 420 for cheating u/s 406 for criminal breach of  trust aginst the loan company.keep all the proofs  for transactions and call recordings sorted out to produce in court

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 February 2015

Don't delay.

Act AS AP before the person(s) disappear.

New_User15 (it)     21 February 2015

Hi,

Should I report in Bangalore cyber cell about this cheating? Which channel will be able to help/assist and sort this matter speedily? 

BHUWAN RAJ 09839268489 (lawyer)     21 February 2015

First send them a legal notice thru gud lawyer and then wait and then only file a case.

Regards

Bhuwan Raj

Advocate

Cell: 09839268489

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register