LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjaycase (service)     17 February 2015

How to get property information

I was issued a check by a person along with documentation. The said check bounced and I filled a case under section 138 of NI. The case is still in progress, I wanted to file Civil suit for recovery of my money. 2.5 years are completed now.

Question is what is required to be done from my end to ensure my case fits for Civil suit ? Do I need to send him any notice other than 138 notice that I sent 2 years before ?

Also how do I find his property to attach, I do not have any personal relation with the person but I know his PAN number ?

Can I get a letter from court to request Tax department to let me know his property details based on PAN number ?

This may be a stupid question but wanted to understand how to find property details of person not much known to you and now not in touch ?

Learning

2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     18 February 2015

Dear, If 138 case is going on then why do you want to file recovery suit ? Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

Sanjaycase (service)     19 February 2015

As 138 is taking time and recovery suit time limit is 3 years only do not want to miss out the amount recovery. Do you have different suggestion ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register