LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chandrasekaran N (tech lead)     11 February 2015

Legal heir certificate

Hi my mother in law has passed away recently who was a central government employee. Her parents were depending on my mother in law and my mother in law had added her parents name in SR to get pension benefits to them.To get Pension my wife's Grand parents name have to be included in Legal Heir Certificate? if so in Legal heir certificate my wife's Grand parent;s can be added?

Learning

4 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     11 February 2015

YES.  THE NAMES OF THE DEPENDENTS OF A DECEASED PERSON (EMPLOYEE) CAN BE ADDED.  SUBMIT AN APPLICATION THE REVENUE AUTHORITIES OF YOUR TAHSIL AND THEY WILL INQUIRE AND GIVE THE LEGAL HEIR CERTIFICATE.  THIS IS FOR INFORMATION.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 February 2015

The legal heirship certificate can be issued by the authorities only for the actual legal heirs of your deceased mother in law, if class I legal heirs are not there then only class II legal heirs will be considered.  Since your wife is a class I legal heir, the dependent parents of your deceased mother in law cannot become legal heirs to succeed her estates.

Mohammed Ameenuddin (Sr. Legal Manager)     14 February 2015

If your wife's grand parents are the legal heirs of your mother in law at the time of her death. Please file a petition before concerned Tahsildar for issue of Legal Heir/FMC  along with the death certified of your mother inlaw issued by Muncipal authorities, no matter the dependents name included in her SR. The Tahsildar after due enquiry/panchanama will issue Legal Heir/FMC to recover any dues from the Government including pension.

Chandrasekaran N (tech lead)     01 March 2015

Hi Thanks for your valuable suggestions/inputs. 

it seems in my mother in law's office they require a dependant  certificate for my mother in law's parents to avail pension benefits.

when we check with VAOs we get lot of confusing answers.can any one please let us know that we can get dependant certificate for my mother in law's parents from VAO/Taluk office?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register