LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ChristianDaughter (h)     09 February 2015

Married daughters rigts in father's property - unique qns

I'm a christian married daughter [married-1985]. My father is alive, my mother died 5yrs after my marriage. My father and mother were government employees with equal salary pay. I've another married sister and a brother.

My father is receiving pension for himself and for my deceased mother. He has purchased all the land property in his name [even when mother was alive and after that]. Now he is planning to make all the propery in my brother's name alone. At the time of my marriage and my sister's, we remember him giving our father-in-laws assurance about our equal share in his entire propery. Now that he seems to forget such old promises. My doubts are:

(1). Can he do so with the entire land property?  [keep in mind that, at least half of the property he couldn't have bought without my deceased mom's salary and pension]  [If mom were alive, she wouldn't have consented to such unfairness towards her daughters]

(2). Can he do so with the house [which we called our home until our marriage] which he bought by selling his share of ancestoral land property + his & mom's salary?

Please give your valued suggestions as quickly as possible.

Learning

4 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     09 February 2015

ALL THE PROPERTY IS IN HIS NAME WHICH IS CALLED SELF ACQUIRED.  SO HE CAN GIVE IT TO ANY PERSON.  HOWEVER FILE A CASE FOR PARTITION OF PROPERTY THROUGH A LAWYER.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     10 February 2015

its his self aquired property and he is free to will it to anyone.in case he dies intestate then u all will get equal share

Karthikeyan (Manager)     10 February 2015

My view as same as said above by experts.

ChristianDaughter (h)     10 February 2015

Thanks to all.

Any chance for a +ve judgement if I file a case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register