Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

subbu (sr engr)     08 February 2015

Divorce petition and maintainability

hello experts .

I filed a divorce petition ,since i am suffering from mental torture and no cohabilation exist between me and my wife for past 5yrs.Due to the stress for years from my wife and her mother ,i had suffered from major cardiac arrest and doctor advised to take rest.since my organisation is not allowed me to take Medical leave for such a long period.I was working in software and due to fall in market .i quit the company .now i under parents care because i was thrown out of the house owned by her.I filed a divorce petion and in that i mentioned about the money she barrowed from me .since due to my present condition i need a accomodation,there are two portion in the house one is rented out other she is staying .i mentioned in the petion to provide me the rented house as shared house so that i can continue treatment in banglore .I filed this petition in may 14 ,the court has postponed the case twice .now opposite party lawyer had filed that this petition is not valid.i need your advice ,weather petion is valid

thanks in advance

Learning

1 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     08 February 2015

No only women can claim right to residence on the basis of shared household and not u.the petition is not valid

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register