LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

newmember   06 February 2015

Theft case in pune - need suggestion

sir, we recently had some jewel theft at our home in pune and it definitely seems to be the handiwork of the servant..this seem to have happened when we are all at home.when confronted him, he seems to have been quite scared to talk and involving his family to talk and we could make from his response that he is the one..it has been a week this has occurred and we are still giving him chance to come in terms...now my question is, if he doesnt come to terms.... 1. does approaching the police after 10 days have any issues? 2. we may not be able to take finger prints now as many days have passed..will police entertain this case with a FIR? 3. can we strongly put him as the suspect........... how to proceed on this .......i know we delayed this case due to some sentimental reasons and having some courtesy on his family and kids by not going to police so far but this turns out to be that he is taking a chance on this delay by not accepting the truth.. do i need to report this to a crime branch or will this just be a CSR report case? please advise

Learning

4 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     06 February 2015

theft is a cognizable offence u can file fir for that.if u are very sure about the suspect u can state the true reason for the delay in filing fir.the police will take care of the rest

newmember   06 February 2015

sir,
thanks. i work abroad and we notice this on the day of our travel out..am sure the servant know our travel plans and planned this accordingly.is it possible for me  to submit the complaint online....it is for 10 sovereign of gold....will FIR be registerd for online complaint without me not being present.. my parents are still there in the home and they can provide information but it is just that i and my family wont be there to provide any finger prints..

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 February 2015

If you are not available, let your parents lodge the complaint on your behalf and narrate the incidents on enquiry to the police with the reason for suspecting the said individual. Complaint online may not be accepted.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     07 February 2015

@Newmember,

You are anonymous and no query should be entertained for anonymous author, even than well advised by experts, engage, consult a local lawyer and proceed as advised.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register