Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neerraj Obhaan (Manager)     04 February 2015

Please help

Hello sirs,

I am not sure if I have out this query in the right category but I would really appreciate any help with a matter. There a facebook buy/sell India forum where members keep posting stuff for sale. It's a closed forum, and members are approved by admin before they start interacting or posting stuff for sale. However, they don't take anybody's responsibility though, and that's obvious.

There's this guy tried to sell me iPhone and he's based in Allahabad, I'm in Mumbai. Know him since few weeks (through the forum), as her keeps posting stuff for sale, and have seen people buying from him. I had enquirer for iPhone 6, and he had sent me the pictures via facebook messaging along with the prices and the other models. Just few days back he messaged me and asked me if I wish to proceed. He was ready for a little negotiation. I deposited the money in his bank account in Allahabad bank through one of its branches in Mumbai. Called him to inform him that I have deposited the money in his account. I did confirmed his name with the cashier. Yesterday evening he messaged me that he will despatch the phone via dtdc and send me the tracking number. It didn't happen. I called him in the morning today at 11, he didn't answer. So I sent a message to him via facebook, and he replied pt me saying, "wait for the update".

Tried to call him now, but he didn't answer, and there's no message from him with any update either. I'm not saying I'm being duped, but what are the chances that I would get the money back just in case I don't get the phone delivered as committed, or if he's just another scammer. In fact, he added me as a friend, and he's a pretty well known guy in Banda City. He haven't deleted me from his friends list yet. He's got a VIP phone number, has his own business - that's hated figured out from his fb profile, friends list, and posts, etc. I still think he would get back to me with an update by today evening. But what if he doesn't and turns up to be a fraud?

Pls suggest. I have his messages on facebook, with entire communication history, and the bank deposit slip. 

Thanks,

Neerraj 

Learning

1 Replies

Captain Raju   29 October 2015

Hi,

This is probably late, but for future reference. You can put up a case on consumer court. Do you have the DTDC tracking number with you? You can track here if you are skeptical

Note: Posted for future reference of members.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register