LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SHOBHIT MISHRA (Student)     02 February 2015

Caution money from the college

I have completed my graduation from a private engineering college located in my hometown. At the time of admission, I deposited 5000 rupees as caution money to the college. After I passe out last year I was not having any dues in the college. and now they are returning just 4000 rupees citing some vague reasons. I want to ask two simple questions:

1. The interest earned on students' money for 5years belongs to whom and is there any such provision to claim for it?

2. What are the proper platform(s) on which my grievance can be heard or I can file a complaint?

Please help as it seems to be an atrocity on the students all over the nation in lack of proper knowledge. 

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 February 2015

You can write to the principal asking for the reason for withholding a portion of the caution deposit while refund and demand to pay, if this fails to invoke response, you may escalate the matter through legal process.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     05 February 2015

normally you would be provided with the applications the terms and conditions first read them thus what they said with interest or without interest with this clause you have to ask principal and if you had not succeded then take legal course

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register