Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pramila S Raj (Advocate)     28 January 2015

Civil suit

Dear Members of this Honourable Legal Profession,

My husband being an NRI had invested in a land in Begur, Bangalore which was sold through MICO Co Operative Society on the ground that he was an ex employee of MICO. The vast extent of land was compounded, gated and plotted before it was sold.

The sellers being joint family members the kartha of the family duly signed all the deeds. Individual layouts were sold directly by the sellers.

From the time the land was purchased my husband has been paying the required Panchayat taxes till 2004. Every time we visited India we made a trip to check the land and developments in the neighbourhood. When the Electronic City came up in Hosur the land value in tis neighbourhood started raising steadily.

But our happiness was short lived as the greedy sellers started to threaten the buyers who went to visit their lands. The compound wall and arch were destroyed.

Aggrieved by this we filed police complaint but as usual it was of no use.

Finally most of the buyers got together and filed civil suit before the Hon'ble Court in Bangalore in Aug 2004.

Though the Injunction Order was passed in our favour restraining the defendants from encroaching the land till today the suit is pending without any progress.

Every time we call our Advocate he assures us that the matter is d the following month an we should be ready to come down to give witness........But not once has he called us up. But repeats the same statement.....

10 1/2 years have gone by......is the Indian Legal system so bad or is it our choice of advocate that is bad.....

Kindly advice

Learning

7 Replies

Jayashree Hariharan (Advocate)     28 January 2015

Madam, since you are one of us, kind suggestion is you personally go to the court to see the status of the case, when you come down. later you can decide about the further course of action.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 January 2015

Get the case number and check it up on line too by logging in to ecourts.gov.in site and you will come to know the status of the case. If you do not confide in your advocate anymore, change him immediately before much damage caused.

Pramila S Raj (Advocate)     31 January 2015

Jayshree ...thank I my dear for reminding me about my professional qualifications... But unfortunately I have been away from the Indian Legal system to know the insides n outsides of a practicing Advocate...... And the system itself. Hence this query.....n living abroad going to court on regular basis is not financially possible....but my husband did that also....only to see the Hon'ble Judge throw the case bundle and adjorn the matter without a request for the same being made So even after 10 years status quo....is the same.....:-((((((

Mr. Kalaiselvan thank you for the suggestions... I will check online immediately.....with respect to changing....any suggestion of really good Advocate in Bangalore.....

Mr. Kalaiselvan thank you for the suggestions... I will check online immediately.....with respect to changing....any suggestion of really good Advocate in Bangalore.....

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     01 February 2015

Sorry to say Indian legal system is not bad as alleged. It is the duty of the Advocate to follow up client's case for an early disposal by taking appropriate legal steps time to time and to communicate the same to the client.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register