Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar 2022 (Solution Architect)     27 January 2015

Society portal account/information not accessible

Hello,

I am stating in a cooperative housing society in Pune. Society has given a portal where the members can see the information/updates happening in Society.

Our monthly maintenance is also listed on the portal. The members can also put a complaint and seek a resolution for the same.I had registered on the society portal and used to get updates.

Last week, I had put a complaint on the society portal reg. leakage problem in my home. I had to put a complaint because the problem was pending from last one year.
 But then my account was de-activated.

Now I cannot access information w.r.t. the society maintenance, or updates or any resolution to my complaint. Which as a member I should be able to.

It is confirmed that Society Chairman or Secretary has de-activated the account. When I try to call them, they do not respond. I have also written e-mail to them, but they are not responding intentionally.

Can you please advise any action can be taken against Society Chairman or Secretary per section 32(1) of MCS ACT or any other byelaws ?

Learning

7 Replies

ADV-JEEVAN PATIL, MUMBAI ( DEEMED/CONVEYANCE OF BUILDING)     27 January 2015

Pl read bye laws of SOC.instead depending o. Portal or secretary. If leakage is caused due to external problems SOC must do it.

Pl read bye laws of SOC.instead depending o. Portal or secretary. If leakage is caused due to external problems SOC must do it.

Kumar 2022 (Solution Architect)     28 January 2015

My question is not about leakage.

My question is about can society block or de-activate my account from the Portal ? If they do so, they are blocking the information from me.

Please guide on this.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     28 January 2015

Sir,

If the poral facility was sanctioned by the AGM  of the society, and if it can be proved that only your a/c  has been deactivated/blocked whereas the accounts of other members are operative, you can definitely send a legal notice to the managing committee demanding for a valid reason, if there is no reply to your legal notice or if the reply is not satisfactory you can always take up the matter with the CHS Registrar of your area.  

Regarding the complaint of leakage, you need to send an official written complaint per Registered/Speed post, endorsing its copy to the CHS Registrar of your area.

Good Luck,

Kishor Mehta

Kumar 2022 (Solution Architect)     28 January 2015

It is confirmed that only my account has been de-activated on purpose because I have put a complaint on the portal asking necessary details.

Thanks a lot sir.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 January 2015

If the action is discriminating and is only against you, consult a local lawyer and issue a legal notice to the society chairman/secretary demanding reasons and  justice, on finding no response you may move further with a complaint or legal case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register