Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dino Mackenzy (Delivery Head)     26 January 2015

Choice of language into indian court

Hi All,

I am wondering if a Judge can force defendant of Criminal cases to speak in any specific language inside four wall of a Court.  We feel pride for our Constitution all the time which gives every citizen of India “Freedom of Speech/ Right To Expression”. Article 19 of Indian Constitution gives us to use any Indian language (including regional language and English) to express our thoughts. I am fighting false criminal cases and experiencing biased behavior of a Judge towards me. I feel more comfortable with English to express my thoughts however Judge is perversely forcing me to speak into regional language (i.e. Marathi). Is this a constitutional act from biased Judge? Does the Judge have power to ask Petitioner/Respondent to speak in any specific language?

Also, in the District Court where I am contesting cases filed against me, there are several banners displaying instructions like "कोर्टाच्या कामकाजाची भाषा हि मराठी आहे. " which means “Court operates in Marathi language”. I wish to ask honorable members on this forum is this really constitutional?

Many Thanks,

Learning

1 Replies

Dino Mackenzy (Delivery Head)     28 January 2015

Hi Guys - Kindly Respond.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register