LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Narendra Ashar (Owner)     24 January 2015

Special poa from nri to nri for immovable property sale

My son-in-law and my daughter are, presently in Bahrain.  I am making and forwarding a draft of 

special PoA in daughter's  name for sale of property in India.

The "PRINCIPAL' i.e.my son-in-law and 'ATTORNEY' i.e.my daughter,  presently both are in Bahrain. Please clarify that:

1) Can special power of attorney signed by husband as Principal and wife as attorney holder and attested outside India by India Embassy can it  be used in India

2) Whether Apostille certificate can be obtained from Indian Embassy Office in Bahrain and is it valid in INDIA for sale of property? 

2) if not,  since both of them are in Bahrain, can this Indian Embassy office can give Attestation to this special  PoA , such that it is not required to be adjudicated again in their home country in INDIA.
After receipt of this Appostilled or Attested PoA my daughter will come to India for property sale.

Learning

1 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     25 January 2015

Yes it is valid POA, on arrival in India, the POA has to be adjudicated with concerned sub register office.

The Apostille is valid only for sometime in certain countries (to the tune of 6 months). . Better get the sticker issued about a month before you intend to use the document for any embassy.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register