LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

selvan (Engineer)     22 January 2015

credit card issue and cheque bounce

Dear sir, I used a credit card of a private bank from sep 2005 to aug 2006. Card has validity from sep 2005 to sep 2006. For sep 2006,i didnt use the card but they charged me with some hidden charges approx rs 6000 so on argument i paid only rs 3000 and i closed the card but i didnt get closure letter for it.they asked my card so on returned it without breaking it. After 9 years,now in the month of jan 2015,they deducted rs 10000 from my salary account as i opened it because of my newly joined company. They didnt give any prior information for this by any means and this deduction is not appearing in my account statement ,showing my balance rs 10000 as earlier also . In this period ,my cheque got bounced stating insufficient fund but sufficient amount was there.this also not appeared in my account statement. Now i filed this to rbi ,as i didnt get clear response for my cheque bounce Your guidance is highly appreciated in this regard.

Learning

4 Replies

selvan (Engineer)     22 January 2015

Bank said in my enquiry mail about cheque bounce,Amount due for credit card is 55,800 .so they deducted 10000 and put my balance as -45,800 now. Cheque bounce happened on 13 jan 2015.i got sms for this stating insufficient fund ,but as i said earlier it is not showed in my account statement.that time i dont know about this credit card issues as i stopped using any credit card after that my bad experience in sep 2006. I raised two service requests for the cheque bounce asking for transaction happened on jan 13 2015. Bank replied me that there is no transaction on that date. The other one for asking reason for cheque bounce.bank mentioned in online that no status was for this online.contact offline. On jan 19 2015,So i mailed them asking reason about cheque bounce and its malfunctions in the account statement and they blocked my debit card,asking reason for that too. Only then i came to know about this credit card issue in their reply mail but they didnt mention about cheque status in that.

selvan (Engineer)     23 January 2015

In the reply mail,bank mentioned that the lien intimation letter regard this has been sent on jan 12,2015 by speed post . I responded to their reply mail,asking details about speed post that they mentioned in the reply mail of my enquiry. Here comes the picture, The mail i sent, is not visible in my sent folder,only i am able to see my enquiry mail and their reply,not my response to that.i was totally shocked,i can understand this as i am a technical guy ,that they made their mail server settings as such my responses will be hidden to me,but visible to them,so that I can't take proof my side. So I made a little change in "To" section of composing the mail,I sent the mail Again and got the proof. After this,on Jan 20,I filed to RBI seeking solution for my cheque bounce and credit card explaining everything . I didn't any answer for this till now. I didn't get that speed post too till now but in status it is mentioned that it is delivered to me on Jan 20 at 5:00 pm.actually that time,I was in company . Actually this would have been handled smoothly but because of cheque bounce and their malfunctions in my account statement ,unethical mail behaviour and bank made me to file under RBI. Thanks in advance for your valuable guidance.

Sorry,one more thing I want to make clear that the bank mentioned in the mail that they sent the speed post on January 12 . But in speed post status it is booked only on January 13 ,11 pm. My cheque got bounced on January 13 by 5 pm ,based on SMS I got. After my enquiry mail on January 19,rs 10000 deduction is shown in my account statement stating for credit card on January 19.

One more query on this that how credit card debt recovery will happen as credit card debt recovery limitation is 3 years only.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register