LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raazkumar.com (Self employed)     21 January 2015

What to do my sister husband scolding thefted

my sister husband asking for dowry and gifts but we agreed to give after 1 year but just 8 months over after marriage.

he treat wife as golden duck, he had beat my sister 4 times publically, personally many times in the span of  8 months.

he came to my home with sister for sankranti festival asked bridal gifts and then we said we need sometime but he asked my sister to come with him. my sister told i come tomorrow. for that reason we went away  and calling and scolding even me and family members for 3 days we switch offed our phones for 3 days. next day i went to city. and he came and beaten my sister and pulled gold ornament from neck while my mother shouted peopled gathered he far way.

my mother and sister and contacted but they talking worstly in village.

i want to beat my sister's husband by police but how?
i have 2 options
anti dowry act and nuisance case for phone calling

Learning

7 Replies

SuperHero (Manager)     21 January 2015

What your Brother-in-law did is not acceptable.

Giving Dowry and Taking Dowry is also crime. 

Abusing and beating is a criminal offence.

If by any chance through mediation by elders if he agrees his mistake and apologizes, will not repeat the same again. Then solve the matter.

If you are ready for divorce(Ask Your Sister) and then go talk to a lawyer and file the cases accordingly.

1 Like

Raazkumar.com (Self employed)     21 January 2015

very often asking for bridal gift.

He scolded me (used vulgar words) and my family members.

robbed sister's gold chain and far away!,

can i file a complaint against him for above reasons

we are going to settle matter in elders mediation (it also done once),

he is an psycho mentality over confidence and overwise to make fools others.

he records every phone call he talks, also record our conversation without notice. 

we spent over 6 lakhs on marriage, and he is an labour and no ssc qualification ( may be illiterate)

Prasad (Systems Engineer)     21 January 2015

Hello Mr.theonlinekingcom... All you have written here are lies. Have you spoken absolute truth here? Only a robber will rob the gold chain. He is your sister's husband. Right? Why did you accept to give dowry and spent 6 lacs to marry your sister to an illiterate person? Who can beat those brothers who marry their sisters to a dowry beggar? Giving dowry is also a crime. If you have proof for all the atrocities of your sister's husband file case as per anti-dowry law and send him to jail. You also go to jail for agreeing to give dowry. Then, after this, your sister will have very difficult time to get another life partner as she sent her first husband to jail. Else the better option is to talk to him and save the marriage of your sister.

SuperHero (Manager)     21 January 2015

Originally posted by : theonlinekingcom

very often asking for bridal gift.

He scolded me (used vulgar words) and my family members.

robbed sister's gold chain and far away!,

can i file a complaint against him for above reasons

we are going to settle matter in elders mediation (it also done once),

he is an psycho mentality over confidence and overwise to make fools others.

he records every phone call he talks, also record our conversation without notice. 

we spent over 6 lakhs on marriage, and he is an labour and no ssc qualification ( may be illiterate)

You mention him as an illiterate and no SSC qualification. 

He works as a Labour and You spent 6 Lakhs for marriage.

What do you expect from him?

You should have given a well thought before marriage itself. Is this guy worth enough?

1 Like

naives (Manager)     02 March 2015

Some male from your family should get together with another male relatives or friends and speak to him seperately on his own, Tell him very seriously that if he touched your sister again then there would be consequences. I don't think anyone has really stood by her and warned him properly. He is probably acting like some alpha male because he cannot see anyone to be afraid of. Men who beat women are not brave so one proper strong warning talk with him by males from your side should sort his attitude out. Then wait and see if he improves else tell your sister to make a decision. Make sure the decision is HERS not influenced by YOU OR YOUR MUM as it's HER LIFE not yours.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     03 March 2015

as you stated that elders discussion is going on shortly so first frame all the points before had and you and your family members discuss with the elders and then let them discuss with your brother in law and also if you want you can record this conversation for evidence which will help you 

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     03 March 2015

1.  Go to police station along with your sister and file FIR under Section 498-A.

2.  Next go to Court and file Domestic Violence case.

3.  Next file Section 125 cr.p.c. case and ask for maintenance.

4.  File divorce, because he is not worth to be husband to your sister and for that matter to any lady in the world.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register