Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kumarkumar (business)     20 January 2015

Divorce case - chennai - hindu marriage act?

My divorce case is pending in family court Chennai, Honorable judge is continuously on leave, on the day of hearing (In absence of judge) when both the parties gather near the court officer for instruction / to know the next date of hearing, the opponent junior lawyers and other friends of her demand for unreasonable dates (very short dates 6 - 10 days gap) to trouble me. I have to travel to and fro (total 20 hours journey) as well I have to avail leave from my private organization. If I state my problem to the court officer and request for alternate date, the opponent and her lawyers shout and ridicule me calling me pyscho in the court room gathering. By this I get emotionally upset they follow me to the court corridor and photograph me when I emotionally outburst myself, they want to use as proof. To lawyer of mine is indisposed. Advice me to whom I can take up this cause and solve this problem.

Learning

1 Replies

Prasad (Systems Engineer)     20 January 2015

Hi Adp... This is so much terrible to hear.

Please try to report this matter to concerned court officials.

Please give it as a written complaint of what happened and who all were involved.

You can report about junior lawyers in the bar council.

Also, get the help of your friends to video tape their atrocities and provide it as a proof.

If possible report to local newspaper as well.

Take care and go always with your lawyer, friends and relatives.

Avoid going alone.  

Please also check whether your lawyer is colluding with the other party.

I have seen in many cases where the lawyers of husband collude with lawyers of wife.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register