LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

adviceseeker   19 January 2015

Summon from delhi mahila ayog

I am not from Delhi, but my wife is from Delhi. I have filed for divorce at civil court in my city in western India & case has started. Past 3 hearings my wife or her advocate, no body attended the court.

s she is from Delhi, she has filed a complaint in Delhi Mahila Ayog.

Now I have received a summon from Delhi Mahila Ayog to appear. No charges were mentioned in the summon. 

I sent a letter to Ayog to provide me a copy of her charges.

She has made charges like ---- 

she was not allowed to enter our house, we are forcing her for divorce, without telling her we have put divorce case, In-laws were harassing, no food was provided, husband manhandled her, there was cheating (dhoke se shadi ki) in marriage, asking her father to purchase a house, husband is having psychological problem & so on. 

I would like to know , how I should put up my case with Aayog as all the above are false & has no substance.

I do not want to continue with her & need divorce at all cost.

I need guidance on how to proceed.

In case , I hire a advocate at Delhi, what shall be approx. charges & do I have to appear repeatedly , I have a new job, getting leave will be very difficult ,as well Rly. Reservations are not available.

As I read in info. avl. at Delhi Mahila Ayog site, in case , the case is going on in any court, Mahila Ayog cannot investigate & case at their end will be closed.

I need help very urgently.

Advice seeker

Learning

3 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     19 January 2015

Dear, Attend the proceedings there and mention that u want to end the marriage .... U can seek my help if you want to, since I practice in Delhi .... Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

shiv kumar sonker   15 July 2015

sir mujhe aur meri family ko delhi mahila aayog se notice aaya hai,me kaya karu, meri sasural walo ne mere against fake dowry case kiya hai

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     15 July 2015

Delhi Commission for women does not have court powers and it will only mediate between the estranged couple.  So, you file your reply stating the facts from your side and saying that you filed divorce petition.  But in these cases what happens  is that once or twice the Ayog sends notice and later on advise the wife to file domestic violence case in Delhi.  In that case, you will have to come to Delhi, at least for some dates.  Mahila Ayog cannot punish you for not attending its proceedings.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register