LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shiva235 (student)     14 January 2015

Juvenile justice act 2000

Sir, I am(23years) a juvenile(16 years) accused for 376(f) in the month of may 2008.In the year 2011 the trial court sentenced 1yr imprisonment and sent me to a special home when i was 19 years.Since trail court ruled out the conviction with out the arguments.We appealed to Additional sessions Court.I am out on bail, completed graduation and currently working with Dell computers. The case is still in trial at ADJ court. There are three questions i have kindly help. 1)If i gets convicted now, do they send me to special home or adult prison. 2)Is there any chance for me to get acquitted considering the merits(work experience at MNC, graduation certificate etc).3)Does this conviction effect my aim plans to study abroad?

Learning

3 Replies

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     15 January 2015

Dear Shiva,

Please note every body gets for his sins in this world only.You have been in the position of a relative, guardian or teacher of , or a person in the position of TRUST or AUTHORITY towards the woman and committed/ charged with  the offence of rape.

1) Now if you will be convicted you will be sent to adult Jail.

2) No there is no chance to consider your qualification and experience of work with MNC and as I know If the HR of the MNC/ Administration/ Management  will come to know that even you are an accused in this kind of the heinous crime and has a criminal record with out waiting for the court judgement they will terminate you with immediate effect.

3) Yes! in case of conviction you have to go to jail for a term and come out  with the label of an offender by which it will be a difficult for you to get VISA from the other country whether you are much interested or not.

shiva235 (student)     15 January 2015

Sir, As per JJ act 2000 a juvenile convicted cannot be sent to adult prison and he/she is not subjected to disqualification for jobs. Juvenile justice act  is clearly mentions that it is the life of adolescence that need to be considered. Don't you think that there will be a second chance given to a juvenile under JJ act 2000...

Kindly cross check the 19th,18th and 24th amendment of JJ ACT 2000 sir.

Thank you

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 January 2015

@Queriest :  If you know law better than anyone, what was the need for query?, Are you cross verifying the advocates here?

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register